Foundation / Corporation
Arts Council of Fairfax County
Grants of up to $1,000 to Virginia nonprofit arts organizations to address one-time activities or events that require immediate support in Fairfax County, the City of Falls Church, and the City of Fairfax. Applicants must confirm eligibility with program staff prior to applying. This program is intended to support activities that fall outside the regular cycle or scope of ARTSFAIRFAX grants.
Preference will be given to programs that serve Fairfax county residents.
The following expenses are eligible for Fast Track Grants:
- Unforeseen project costs that could threaten an organization’s ability to successfully carry out a project
- Equipment lease, purchase, repair or maintenance that was not anticipated
- Unexpected artistic opportunity that is not part of an organization’s regular season or artistic calendar
- Sudden emergency situation as defined by an organization
- Project addresses an opportunity or need that falls outside the regular cycle or scope of Arts Council grants
- Grant funds will meet the applicant’s identified need
- Project costs are realistic
If funds are requested to support an activity or performance, the event must be open to the public.
GrantWatch ID#: 165366
Grants of up to $1,000 are awarded.
Nonprofit arts organizations based in Fairfax County, the city of Fairfax, or the city of Falls Church are eligible to apply.
1. An organization is eligible to apply if it has as a core mission the creation, exhibition, presentation, production, or performance of and/or education in an arts discipline. It has regular activity in a minimum of four different months in the year or 120 days of the year.
2. An organization must:
- Be in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws; and
- Hold current or pending status under IRS code 501(c)(3); or
- Operate as a specifically defined arts division, or have its own arts program identity, within a larger nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
3. The organization or the division/program that is applying must have an address of record within the geographical boundaries of Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, or the City of Falls Church and satisfy TWO of the following four criteria:
- Present at least 51% of public artistic activities within the geographical boundaries of Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, or the City of Falls Church, or
- Meet, rehearse, exhibit, and operate within the geographical boundary of Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, or the City of Falls Church, or
- Have 51% of board of directors’ members work or reside in Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, or the City of Falls Church, or
- Verify that 51% of attendees at performances, exhibits, events, and activities reside in Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, or the City of Falls Church evidenced through acceptable statistical data including but not limited to: ticket analysis, subscription data, box office surveys, and audience surveys.
4. The applicant must have submitted all required final reports for any grant(s) received from the Arts Council of Fairfax County during the most recently completed fiscal year.
5. An organization must have independently prepared financial statements such as an audit or a treasurer’s report.
6. An organization is not eligible to apply to the Fast Track Grant program if it receives line item funding from Fairfax County in fiscal year 2018 or directly supports a county government program or agency.
7. Organizations may receive Fast Track Grants only once per 12 month period.
8. An organization has to be a county wide nonprofit organization or foundation.
The Fast Track grant is not an alternative for submitting late applications or missing deadlines in other categories. Funds may not be used for deficit reduction, construction or renovation projects, political advocacy, expenses that have occurred in the past or fundraising events.
ARTSFAIRFAX conducts free grant preparation workshops for prospective applicants to learn about the funding opportunities and how to submit an application. The Foundation invites nonprofit arts organizations and individual artists located within Fairfax County to attend one of the grant workshops to learn more.
Email the Foundation to receive more information about upcoming worshops or to sign up to attend a workshop: email@example.com
Please contact the Grants Department of the Arts Council about an activity’s appropriateness or eligibility before beginning the application process.
The application ends on June 30, 2018. Applications close at midnight on the due date.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until available funds are expended.
Organizations may receive Fast Track Grants only once per 12-month period. No match is required.
Applicants will be notified of their grant application status within 30 days of receipt of their application. Fast Track Grant awards are paid in full at the time of award.
Grants General Information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lisa Mariam, Director of Grants and Services
(703) 642-0862 x1
Kimber Craine, Grants Manager
(703) 642-0862 x6
USA: Virginia: Fairfax County, the city of Fairfax, or the city of Falls Church