Foundation / Corporation
Eau Claire Community Foundation (ECCF)
01/20/19 11:59 PM
Grants to Eau Claire area, Wisconsin nonprofit organizations, government entities, and religious organizations for programs that address the areas of arts, education, environment, and social services. Funding is intended to support projects that address community needs and enrich the Eau Claire area now and for generations to come.
Applications are accepted for two types of grants:
- Program Grants fund programs or services provided by the organization.
- Asset Purchase/Improvement Grants fund specific purchases that will help keep the organization running smoothly.
The Foundation awards grants to organizations whose programs address needs in the following areas:
“Create Culture” (Arts and Culture) – Supports programs and organizations that enhance the quality of life in the community through music, visual and performing arts, and museums.
“Form Futures” (Education) – Supports programs that provide instruction for children and adults offered by established institutions or nonprofit organizations, as well as programs that offer learning or community development opportunities.
“Give Green” (Environment, Recreation, Animals) – Supports programs that engage children and adults in activities that improve or sustain the quality of natural resources. Also supports programs that provide opportunities for children and adults to engage in sports, fitness, and health and recreational activities.
“Offer Opportunities” (Social Services, Accessibility Needs, Needs of Elders) – Supports programs that provide for important needs for children and adults, families, or community needs such as basic health services, food, shelter, safety and clothing.
The Foundation favors innovative proposals that:
- Promote collaboration and reduce duplication of services
- Build upon the strengths of the community so it may respond more effectively to local needs
- Apply the Foundation’s limited resources optimally to meet important community needs.
- Preference will be given to requests that demonstrate the most urgent and immediate need for funding.
- The ECCF will consider funding start-up costs directly related to the grant proposal, such as paying staff for extra hours required to implement a program or training expenses related to grant-funded asset purchases.
- Grants shall be awarded for current expenditures.
- The ECCF supports projects which have been planned in light of overall community needs and which do not duplicate existing services.
The Eau Claire Community Foundation holds several field of interest funds. In many cases, grant requests that match a field of interest fund's purpose will be given extra consideration. Please consult the field of interest document in Supporting Documents below for more details about the field of interest grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 165552
Grants are made for one year only. Due to limited financial resources, the ECCF prefers not to grant funds to any organization in frequent succession.
The ECCF makes grants to nonprofit agencies located in the Eau Claire area, or to those able to demonstrate significant impact within this area.
- Preference will be given to agencies located within the Eau Claire area.
- Applicants will need to submit evidence of 501(c)(3) tax status, or another qualified 501(c)(3) organization must agree to serve as fiscal agent.
- Applications from tax-exempt entities like government and religious organizations are also accepted.
- Repetitive requests (i.e. the same use year after year)
- Previously incurred operational expenses, such as rent and salaries, that are not integral to the implementation of the grant request
- Direct grants to individuals, annual campaigns, or lobbying
- Contributions to endowment funds, contingency funds, or reserves
- Sectarian (religious) programs, if the program participation requires membership in the religious group or commitment to specific beliefs prescribed by the religious group
- Organizations operated primarily for the benefit of their own membership
- For the payment of interest or taxes
- Applications from or on behalf of schools with affiliated school Foundations, such as the Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation
- Generally, applications with other Foundations as fiscal agents are not funded
- The ECCF does not make grants to organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, familial status, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, lawful sources of income, national origin, or any other discriminatory practice prohibited by state or federal law.
Grant Workshops are available in November, December, and January. Attendance to these workshops is encouraged. For updated information on workshops: http://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/events/
See below for details about the upcoming workshop.
Grant Training Session:
Jan. 7, 2019
11:00 am-12:00 pm
Eau Claire Community Foundation Office
306 S. Barstow St. Suite 104, Eau Claire, WI
This training session will provide information about the Eau Claire Community Foundation and Women's Giving Circle grant cycles as well as tips for writing effective grant proposals. It's free and open to anyone interested.
ECCF is implementing new grant software this year, so even seasoned grantees might want to come to a training session to learn the ropes of the new system.
The documents used in the training can be found in the Supporting Documents field.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP to the ECCF Program Specialist.
The deadline for grant submissions is January 20, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Applications will not be accepted after that time. Grant applicants will be informed of the results by May 6, 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation office to discuss their projects prior to submitting an application. Informational meetings specifically about the Foundation’s application process are scheduled prior to the deadline, and applicants are encouraged to attend. The ECCF rarely provides the entire support of a project; Participation of others in funding projects is encouraged.
ECCF can only accept ONE application per organization in each grant cycle, so please prioritize your greatest need. An organization can’t apply for both a Program and an Asset grant.
Please note: The PDF versions of the applications are for review only; applications must be submitted using the online form in order to be considered for funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=eauclairecf
For more information or questions contact:
Rebecca White Body - ECCF Program Specialist
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Eau Claire Community Foundation
306 S. Barstow Suite 104
Eau Claire, WI 54701
USA: Wisconsin: The greater Eau Claire area