Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Lorain County - Huron County Community Foundation
Grants to Huron County, Ohio nonprofit organizations for programs in the areas of arts and culture, civic affairs, health, education, social services, and economic development. Funding is intended to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families in the area.
The Foundation looks to provide support to creative new and innovative programs that address fundamental or emerging community needs, or to expand existing successful programs in the identified fields of interest. Emphasis is given to programs that:
- Have the potential to become self-sustaining, community-supported initiatives;
- Address community needs not currently being met totally or inadequately;
- Have the potential to capitalize on other resources within the community;
- Requests that include collaborative efforts between organizations.
The mission of the Huron County Community Foundation is:
To mobilize individuals to become active partners in building a better community by developing a permanent endowment to receive and manage charitable gifts and bequests of all sizes; to support innovative programs while acting as a catalyst in identifying and meeting the changing needs and opportunities in the greater Huron County community so as to improve the quality of life; and to instill a greater sense of unity within the greater Huron County community.
GrantWatch ID#: 165675
The grant period start date is October 1; the grant period end date is September 30.
The Foundation will make most of its grants to tax-exempt organizations which have been classified as having tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. However, it may also support projects of other tax-exempt agencies.
It is the intention of the Huron County Community Foundation to primarily consider requests from groups within the county but will also review requests for programs outside the county that have a direct impact on residents of Huron County.
Huron County Community Foundation will not ordinarily consider proposals for the following:
- General operating budget (or budget deficits) for established organizations;
- Organizations not determined to be tax-exempt;
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs;
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets;
- Schools (except to provide special initiative programs not provided by regular school budgets - Please see Mini-Grant application for teachers)
- Political action or other political or legislative advocacy groups;
- Endowment funds;
- Medical or other research organizations;
- Organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the U.S.;
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, veteran’s organizations, volunteer firefighters, or similar groups;
- Groups for annual fundraising projects;
- Pledges: the IRS prohibits Community Foundations from making grants for pledges
Application Deadline (Postmarked):
- January 15
- August 15
Applicants should anticipate 60 to 90 days subsequent to each deadline for processing grant requests. All applicants will receive written notification of acceptance or denial for funding.
Mission and History:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
Huron County Community Foundation
12 Benedict Avenue
Norwalk, Ohio 44857
Michele Skinn, Advancement Officer
Contact Form: https://www.peoplewhocare.org/uncategorised/michele-skinn?tmpl=component
(419) 668-9858, X 1005
USA: Ohio: Huron County