GrantRegions Object ( [regions] => Array ( ) [is_initialized] => [error_messages] => Array ( ) [qm] => QueryManager Object ( [is_debug] => [conn] => mysqli Object ( [affected_rows] => 0 [client_info] => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $ [client_version] => 50012 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 2 [host_info] => 172.16.38.157 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.5.18-MariaDB [server_version] => 100518 [stat] => Uptime: 3362224 Threads: 256 Questions: 567614238 Slow queries: 1318 Opens: 126572 Open tables: 138 Queries per second avg: 168.821 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 92918904 [warning_count] => 0 ) ) [has_regions] => 1 [state_names] => Array (  => Michigan; ) [province_names] => Array ( ) [country_names] => Array ( ) [is_israel] => [territories] => Array ( ) [free_associations] => Array ( ) )
Grants of up to $5,000 to Michigan nonprofit organizations in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, Monroe and St. Clair Counties for women's and girls' support programs. Funding priorities are violence prevention, decreasing teenage pregnancy and infant mortality, and helping female heads of household achieve self-sufficiency.
In making its decisions, the Foundation will consider the following:
▪ Priority will be given to organizations in which women are the major decision-makers.
▪ Applicants are encouraged to give evidence of working cooperatively with other organizations.
▪ Proposals will be evaluated based on the clarity of the program objectives and how readily these objectives can be measured in the evaluation.
▪ Existing or new staff salaries are limited to 50% of the total budget. The Foundation, however, is reluctant to fund staff salaries.
▪ Although projects are not required to have in-kind contributions, applicants are strongly encouraged to have at least 10% of the program budget be from in-kind sources. In-kind contributions are those which can be cost-defined, such as donated space or contributions by volunteers.
▪ The Foundation is reluctant to pay for refreshments and other consumable supplies.
▪ The Foundation does not fund requests for equipment.
Estimated Size of Grant:
One year. The program must be within the funding cycle of April 1 to March 31 of the following year.
Grants/Corporate Giving Committee
P.O. Box 2011
Southfield, MI 48037-2011