City of Prince Albert - Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund
Grants to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan nonprofit community organizations that are operated by volunteers for cultural, recreational, and sports programs. The purpose of this program is to enable communities to meet the needs of local residents. Grantmaking decisions will be guided by the following:
1. To provide access to sports, culture, and recreation for all Saskatchewan people regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, economic status, physical or mental ability.
2. To provide funds to community, nonprofit volunteer organizations in support of sports, culture and recreation programs.
3. Local community projects are given priority.
4. All participating groups are responsible for ensuring complete and accurate accounting.
A portion of the total grant must be used for programs which encourage more participation among target populations such as indigenous people, seniors, women, economically disadvantaged, persons with a disability and single family parents. The target requirement can be met by including target populations in regular programs and/or by creating special programs to meet their needs.
GrantWatch ID#: 165933
All projects must occur between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
This program provides funds to community nonprofit volunteer organizations.
The following expenditures are ineligible for the grants.
1. Construction, renovation, retrofits and repairs to buildings and facilities.
2. Maintenance and operating costs of facilities that are not directly related to the program supported by this grant.
3. Alcoholic beverages.
4. Food purchases that do not relate directly to a program and food items for resale.
5. Membership fees in other lottery funded organizations.
6. Prizes including cash, gifts, awards, trophies and plaques.
7. Out of province activities and travel.
8. Subsidization of wages for full time employees. Eligible employment expenditures are less than 35 hours a week for no more than 90 days in a grant period.
9. Uniforms or personal items such as sweat pants, hats, etc.
The deadline for submissions is January 22nd, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Curtis Olsen, Recreation Coordinator
Community Services Department
City of Prince Albert
1084 Central Avenue
Prince Albert, SK
City of Prince Albert