Foundation / Corporation
Libraries and Autism: We're Connected
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA and Canada libraries for services, projects, and programs that benefit people with autism of all ages or their families. Funding is intended for the purchase program materials, to hire a trainer to present a workshop, or to pay for staff coverage.
Applicants may propose to initiate a new, creative program or service, bring an already-existing, successful program or service to their library for the first time, or enhance a program or service they already offer.
Applications will be judged on the basis of:
1. The project is clearly described and well thought out.
2. The potential impact is significant.
3. There is institutional support for the program or service
4. People with autism, family members or other community stakeholders are involved in the development and/or implementation of the project.
5. The program is one that would be replicable in other communities.
6. The program or service is based on an understanding of the needs of people with autism and/or best practices in working with this population.
7. There is a plan for the continuation of the service or program after the grant year.
8. The project would not be possible without outside funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 165935
One or more grants will be awarded.
Each year, a total of $5,000 will be awarded. Depending on the applications received, one grant for the full amount or multiple grants for smaller amounts totaling $5,000 may be awarded.
The grant funding period is April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Any type of library in the United States or Canada can apply.
The application deadline is December 1, 2018.
The winner(s) will be notified by March 1, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications, budget sheets, institutional letters of support and any other supporting documentation must be submitted as email attachments to: email@example.com
Please direct any questions to Barbara Klipper: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon