Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque
02/17/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $6,000 to Iowa nonprofit organizations, public institutions, and emerging groups for capacity building efforts in Clayton, Clinton, and Dubuque counties. Priority will be given to proposals that fit into one or more of the following capacity building focus areas:
- Training and Development - Proposals that build the staff and board capacity at nonprofits through training, education and professional development opportunities.
- Collaboration and Coaching - Proposals that build collaborative efforts with other local nonprofits, community groups and peer organizations.
- Research and Planning - Proposals that support research, data collection, assessment and planning to support organizations in understanding community needs and determining their best strategies.
- Operational Strategy - Proposals that support operational capacity building within the organization.
In order to increase system responsiveness, efficiency, access, and capacity to serve the community, preference will be given to organizations and programs that:
- Build on community strengths
- Have clear and measurable results
- Eliminate gaps and redundancies in services and systems
- Support and welcome an increasingly diverse community
- Improve the quality of life for the most disadvantaged in our community
- Further equity and social justice
- Align with CFGD’s focus areas: family economic mobility, academic achievement, and equity and inclusion.
GrantWatch ID#: 166054
The Community Foundation will make capacity building grants to organizations with a maximum grant amount of $6,000.
If awarded, grantees are required to submit a final report at the end of their project but before March 31st, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions about grant applications, please contact:
Wendy Sweeney, Nonprofit Partnerships Coordinator
USA: Iowa: Clayton, Clinton, and Dubuque counties