Foundation / Corporation
Yakima Valley Community Foundation (YVCF)
Grants of up to $25,000 to Washington nonprofit organizations, schools, government entities, and tribes for programs to benefit the residents of Kittitas County, Yakima County, or the Yakama Nation. Funding is intended for programs supporting education, health and wellness, basic needs, cohesive communities, environment, and arts, music, and culture.
Annual Grant funding areas:
- Basic Needs: To assist in providing those fundamental requirements that serve as a foundation for survival, including shelter, food and clothing and related efforts of support on the path to self- sufficiency.
- Education: To provide a continuum of support resulting in increased educational attainment and to close the opportunity gap for students.
- Health and Wellness: To provide health care to the disadvantaged and activities that promote improved health in the community are part of our legacy and a priority in the Foundation’s community investment strategies.
- Cohesive Communities: To support efforts that build community cohesion including a strong and vibrant non-profit sector and economic development.
- Arts, Music, and Culture: To create a thriving community where groups and individuals express themselves and capture the imagination. Priority will be given for those applications that demonstrate a strategic relationship with one or more of the Foundation’s other program areas.
- Environment: Grants may be related to safeguarding and improving the environment of Yakima County including air and water quality issues.
More information about these funding areas can be seen at: http://www.yakimavalleycf.org/bPartnerbWithUs/OurNonprofitPartners/ForGrantApplicants/GuidelinesandApplications.aspx
An applicant may request funds for operational support. Operational support cannot exceed 25% of the operating budget of the applicant.
GrantWatch ID#: 166207
Organizations may apply for up to $25,000.
Funding is provided for one year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have specific questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yakima Valley Community Foundation
111 University Parkway, Suite 102
Yakima, WA 98901
USA: Washington: Yakima County, Kittitas County, and Yakama Nation area
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations in multiple states and provinces to improve the quality of life in eligible regions. Funding is intended to address priority areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion; workforce development; civic and cultural growth; hum
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations in multiple states to address the needs of residents in eligible counties, with priority given to low- to moderate-income populations. Applicants in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska,
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to USA and International nonprofit organizations, for-profit entities, and agencies for initiatives to benefit families, children, and communities. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to submitting a full proposal. Focus areas include equitable communi
Donations and sponsorships to USA nonprofits that provide programs and services in the areas of arts, PreK-12 education, and literacy. Funding is intended for both organizations with a national focus and organizations that provide local services. For local organizations
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations, political and state subdivisions, and public IHES to benefit residents. Funding is intended to support proposals in the following focus areas: education, with an emphasis on STEM education, hunger and housing, and equity and social