Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of North Central Washington (CFNCW)
Grants of $2,000 and grants of $5,000 to Washington nonprofit organizations and agencies to address community needs in the Methow Valley. Funding may be used to support general operation requests and specific project or program needs. The Foundation assists public and nonprofit organizations in developing strong, sustainable programs that contribute to a vibrant community.
Guiding Principles: Results Based Funding
All applicants should be able to show how their program improves the lives of those living in North Central Washington. Qualified applicants could also include:
- Programs and projects in arts and culture, community betterment, education, health, and human services that serve a broad sector of the community, are innovative, and are responsive to changing community needs
- Programs and projects that will enable nonprofit and charitable agencies to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and move toward self-sufficiency
- “Seed Grants” to initiate promising new projects and programs so that such projects and programs are able to demonstrate their usefulness to the community
- Programs and projects that address and help resolve important existing or emerging community issues
- Programs and projects that support new and creative projects and people offering the greatest opportunity for positive and significant change
- Programs and projects that facilitate cooperation and collaboration among organizations
- Programs and projects that identify, enhance, and expand leadership in the community through the support of charitable activities that empower individuals
- Programs and projects that improve the quality or scope of charitable works in the community
- Operating support for organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 166215
Up to six awards will be granted ($5,000). Up to fifteen awards will be granted ($2,000).
Nonprofit organizations can choose to apply for one of two funding opportunities: MVF5K ($5,000 grants) and MVF2K ($2,000 grants). No partial grants are awarded.
The Methow Valley Fund supports nonprofit organizations and agencies that address community needs in the Methow Valley.
School districts and related agencies are not eligible for the Methow Valley Fund.
Grant requests for the purpose of re-granting funds to other organizations or individuals are not eligible.
Application open: December 1
Application deadline: January 31
Applicants must complete an online application and participate in a site visit with the Methow Valley Fund Advisors and CFNCW staff.
Organizations are limited to one grant proposal for consideration during a single grant cycle.
General grant information:
Grant guidelines and policies:
Methow Valley Fund Awards:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions about grant eligibility, email:
Claire Oatey, Director of Community Grants
Community Foundation of NCW
9 S Wenatchee Ave
Wenatchee, WA 98801
USA: Washington: Methow Valley