Foundation / Corporation
Central Minnesota Community Foundation (CMCF) - Bernick Family Foundation
Grants ranging from $3,000 to $50,000 to Minnesota and Wisconsin nonprofits, schools, and government agencies for activities in the areas of youth and education, and health and fitness. LOIs are due no later than September 1, 2017. Eligible communities include the areas in and around Barnum, Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Waite Park, and Willmar, Minnesota and Dresser, Wisconsin.
The Foundation prioritizes funding for capital projects, new or expanded programs, and strategic investments in operations (i.e. one-time investments that will help organizations increase efficiency and/or ongoing revenue).
1) Youth and Education: Support of activities that help prepare students for future success in education and the workplace.
- Favorable Considerations: Programs that develop leadership skills, community involvement, teamwork, and entrepreneurship.
2) Health and Fitness: Support of activities that address health and wellness.
-Favorable Considerations: Programs/projects that promote fitness, nutrition, healthy living and responsible lifestyles.
GrantWatch ID#: 166218
$3,000 - $50,000
Eligible applicants are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, schools, and government entities based in or serving one of the regions in which Bernick’s operates, including the areas in and around Barnum, Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Waite Park, and Willmar, Minnesota and Dresser, Wisconsin.
To check if your area is included, please see the link in Grant Coverage Areas.
- Operating expenses for government agencies
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Projects that have already been completed or regranting to organizations not specifically named in the Bernick's application
1. Submit letter of inquiry application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Managment System between July 1 and September 1, 2017, by midnight.
2. Applicants will be notified of their status after October 15, 2017 then accepted organizations will be asked to submit a full application online by November 15, 2017 using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
3. Grants are awarded after February 15, 2018.
Organizations may only submit one grant application per year.
All notification about this grant will be through email.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online
For questions about this grant or the online Grant Management System please call Jeanne at (320) 257-9715, or email email@example.com.
USA: Minnesota: Areas in and around Barnum, Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Waite Park, and Willmar; Wisconsin: Dresser Area