Campbell County Conservation District
01/19/18 4:00 PM Hand-Delivery, or Postmarked by Date
Grants ranging from $200 to $1,000 to Campbell County, Kentucky schools, teachers, teams of teachers, and students for programs and activities that focus on environmental education and conservation. Funding may be used for a variety of projects and materials, including the following:
- Materials to enhance an outdoor learning area;
- Trees, perennial plants, and seeds when directly related to a program of conservation study (native plants preferred);
- Developing trails and trail guidebooks;
- Conservation-related library materials;
- Reference books;
- Water monitoring equipment; and
- Soils testing equipment.
Eligible Use of Funds:
- Proposals for equipment, speakers, and/or field trips will only be considered if the item is an integral part of a larger strategy.
- Proposals for the expansion of existing programs will be considered.
- Strong consideration will be given to proposals that will use additional materials, labor, or dollars for the project (i.e., donations, volunteer labor, other grants, PTA involvement school funds).
- The signature of the superintendent of schools is required for any grant projects involving improvements to school grounds such as establishment of outdoor learning areas, tree and other permanent plantings, etc.
- If partial funding for a project is awarded, the applicant will have the option of accepting or rejecting the partial funding.
- Applicants or applicant schools who have received grants in the past and have not met the reporting or other requirements to complete the grant will not be eligible for consideration. The Conservation District reserves the right to have grant money returned to the district if these requirements are not met.
- Purchase requests should not conflict with school district responsibilities or purchase plans.
GrantWatch ID#: 166361
The district anticipates funding several grants.
Grants range from $200 to $1,000 each.
Grant money must be spent within one year; however, proposals need not be limited to the academic calendar.
- Joint proposals from a team of educators are welcome. If grants are written by students, they must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement from the teacher sponsoring the project.
- Educators may submit more than one proposal.
Applications must be postmarked by Friday, January 19, 2018 or hand delivered to the Conservation District Office located on the First Floor of the Alexandria Court House on or before the deadline during regular office hours – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. Applications cannot be accepted by facsimile (fax).
You will be contacted by March 1 concerning the status of your request or to provide additional details, as appropriate.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Campbell Co. Conservation District
8350 East Main Street
Alexandria, KY 41001
For information or grant forms, contact the Campbell County Conservation District at 859-635-9587 or by email at email@example.com.
USA: Kentucky: Campbell County