Town of Whitecourt
11/30/17 12:00 Noon
Grants to Alberta nonprofit organizations to support preventative programs that enhance the well-being of individuals, families, and communities in the town of Whitecourt. Programs should help individuals build resiliency, develop positive relationships, and become more socially engaged.
To be eligible for consideration, projects must meet one or more of the following FCSS mandates:
- Promote and help people develop positive social relationships.
- Help people become socially engaged and contribute to their community.
- Support people to remain active participants in their community.
- Empower people to address social issues and influence change.
- Help people become self-reliant, build resiliency, and become able to function in a positive manner.
GrantWatch ID#: 166581
The amount of funding available will be determined on an annual basis during the budget process.
All applicants must be registered non-profit organizations that have been incorporated or show that they are working towards achieving incorporated status.
Applications may be deemed ineligible for funding if the applicant shows a financial surplus greater than 25% of its annual operating budget.
Programs and services not eligible for FCSS grant funding include those that:
- Provide primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals.
- Offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family.
- Are primarily rehabilitative in nature.
- Duplicate services that are the responsibility of a government or government agency.
- Have already received funding through the Town of Whitecourt’s annual budget, unless the application is distinct from funding already received.
The application deadline for the 2018 program year is Thursday, November 30 at 12:00 noon.
Successful applicants will be contacted once funding recommendations have been approved by Whitecourt Town Council.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail applications to:
Allan & Jean Millar Centre
58 Sunset Boulevard
Whitecourt, AB, T7S 1N6
ATTENTION: Manager of FCSS
The Town of Whitecourt