Grants starting at $50,000 to Washington DC nonprofits for a music instruction program for elementary school students. Funding is intended to provide musical education to students that have limited means to afford or access to instrumental music instruction.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- DC-based nonprofit organizations providing music instruction.
- Applicants must verify their non‐profit status by submitting a valid 501(c)(3) designation letter from the Internal Revenue Service, documenting the organization or the fiscal sponsor’s tax exempt status as a non‐profit organization.
- Applicants must submit a recent DC Clean Hands Form (August 1, 2015 or later) from the DC Office of Tax and Revenue showing the organization and/or fiscal sponsor is in good standing. The application for this form can be found at https://ocfocleanhands.dc.gov/cch
- Applicants must submit a Certificate of Good Standing from the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (“DCRA”). The Certificate shall be current to within 60 days of the application submission.
- Applicant’s mission includes serving populations with limited means through music instruction programs/services.
Deliver five (5) hard copies of the application (3-ring bound) and email one (1) copy to the contact.
Applicants will not be allowed to assemble application materials on the premises of the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education.
The electronic application must be in PDF format (one file or multiple files – being sure to name the files accordingly – Organization Name –RFA16IAMI.pdf and so on). The applicant has responded to all sections of the Request for Applications (“RFA”) and the application contains all the information and attachments requested.
The award will be issued during the week of February 15, 2016.
Additional Funding Information
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Number of Grants
One or more.
Estimated Size of Grant
From $50,000 to $150,000
Term of Contract
The Grant period will be from the date of award until September 30, 2016.