Foundation / Corporation
Onward Israel, Beacon and Shapira Foundations, Masa Israel Journey and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation
Internship program in Israel for Miami-Dade County, Florida college students in order to gain professional experience in their field of choice while exploring the country and culture. Priority will be given to students who have had one short-term Israel experience such as a Birthright or teen travel program to Israel.
This is an opportunity to:
- Live and immerse yourself in Israeli culture. Experience Tel Aviv’s vibrant nightlife, beautiful beaches, culture, and so much more!
- Learn about important issues facing Israel today.
- Work in such fields of arts, business, finance, communications, nonprofits, high-tech, and more based on your skills, interests, and future plans.
Applicants pay $600 plus airfare for this 8 week professional program that allows Jewish college students attending Miami area universities to live in Tel Aviv, intern in a field of their choice gaining valuable professional experience, and explore Israel. Students will have opportunities to learn about the Miami community’s investment in Israel, and learn how to create Israel engagement when they return to Miami.
- Pre-summer orientation programming in Miami
- Post-summer programming in Miami
- Housing and internship in Tel Aviv
- Internship placements four-five days per week
- Three Israel seminars consisting of interactive programming, site visits, encounters with Israelis, and experiential activities
- A visit to Miami’s Partnership community of Yerucham in the Negev
- Retreat weekend with other Onward Israel participants
- Volunteer opportunity
GrantWatch ID#: 166782
The cost of the trip is heavily subsidized. Cost to applicant: $600 plus airfare. $600 includes: Full board (3 meals a day), lodging, insurance, transportation and program costs.
Internships take place June 4 – July 29, 2018.
- Applicant must be a college student (19-27 years old) attending a Miami-Dade college or university, with a permanent Miami-Dade address or, living on campus. Preference given to underclassmen who will return to their Miami campus and community after the program.
- Students that have had one previous short-term Israel experience such as Birthright or a teen travel program are preferred.
Ideal participants are:
- Birthright Israel alumni who have not yet returned to Israel on a peer program; and/or
- Teen travel programs alumni (who are ineligible for Birthright because of their teen travel participation), unless they have returned to Israel on a MASA program or spent more than three months total in Israel after their teen program.
The cost of an onward Israel program does not include spending money for recreation and free time, additional travel on weekends, additional money for food not covered by the stipend, and an Israeli SIM card or cell phone.
March 15, 2018, or earlier if the program fills
-Interview with a campus Hillel Israel Fellow
-Group Interview January or February 2018 at a campus Hillel
-Spring – Interview with internship coordinator
-If accepted, internship placement in Israel by May 2018
Participants are responsible for arranging their own flights to and from Israel. Participants will also be required to submit a $250 refundable participation and security deposit in cash upon arrival in Israel.
Beyond the heavily subsidized price of Onward Israel, additional local scholarship sources may be available through synagogues, local Hillels, sources at your Federation, and elsewhere. Feel free to consult with Jewish campus life professionals or other entities in the community to find out about these financial possibilities. Participants in programs which are part of the Onward/Masa partnership may be eligible for additional scholarships.
Housing FAQs: https://onwardisrael.wpengine.com/sample-page/faqs/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply here: https://lln.tfaforms.net/423?tfa_2=tfa_5554
University of Miami Hillel:
Other Miami-Dade Schools:
USA: Florida: Miami-Dade