City of Aurora
Grants of up to $1,500 to Aurora, Illinois nonprofit and community organizations and neighborhood groups for support services at public events and neighborhood festivals. Eligible expenses include the following: equipment rentals, liability insurance, and security or emergency personnel.
Financial assistance will be provided for support services only. This assistance may include, but is not necessarily limited to, rental of staging or sound equipment, portable toilets, tables and chairs, general liability insurance for the event, tents, security or emergency personnel, or other “public” amenities.
The event must take place within the limits of the City of Aurora, be free, open to the public, and publicly advertised, and a minimum of one hundred (100) people, including children, should benefit from the event.
GrantWatch ID#: 166918
Up to $1,500, or 50% of the total eligible event costs, whichever is less.
Funding available for events planned for Jan. 1 through June 30, 2019 and from July 1 through Dec. 31, 2019.
All applicants are required to provide proof of nonprofit status and be in good standing with the State of Illinois.
Eligibility is based on the organization’s past compliance of Festival Funding policies.
1. Neighborhood Festival Funding does not fund the following: block parties, annual fund raising events and/or events requiring paid ticket admission. These restrictions do not apply to events held at RiverEdge Park.
2. Event(s) applying for and receiving funding assistance may not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, ethnic background, economics or disability.
3. Events receiving fifty percent (50%) or more of their budget from City of Aurora or a City-managed fund (including Ward funds), grants or account lines are not eligible under this funding grant program.
Funds will not be provided or applied to the purchase, sale or promotion of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products, nor the support services associated therewith. However, no event will be excluded from consideration as a result of serving, selling or promoting any of these products at the event, if approved by the appropriate City of Aurora administrators, event site property owner and comply with the ordinances of the City of Aurora, state and federal laws.
- December 12, 2018, for programs running from Jan. 1 through June 30, 2019; or
- March 1, 2019, for programs running from July 1 through Dec. 31, 2019.
All special events staged in the City of Aurora, and requesting use of public property and/or services, are required to complete a Special Event Application and comply with the Special Events Policies and Procedures as established by the City of Aurora. The Special Event Permit Application and Worksheet must be submitted to the Community Services Division, for forwarding to the Government Operations Committee, by December 12, 2018, for programs running from January 1 through June 30, 2019; or by March 1, 2019, for programs running from July 1 through December 31, 2019.
- An organization whose application is ineligible or incomplete will receive phone notification as soon as the application is reviewed. The application can be resubmitted for review as long as it is received before the deadline.
-The applicant may be asked to answer questions or submit in writing further information supporting statements made in the application.
- Applicants are notified of funding or the need for additional information via electronic mail.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Return completed application with signed Hold Harmless Agreement to Dee Hakalah, Community Services Division.
Attn: Dee Hakala
Community Services Division
City of Aurora
44 E. Downer Place
Aurora, IL 60507
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions or need additional information please contact Aurora Community Services (630) 256-3400
Aurora Community Services Department
51 E Galena Boulevard
Aurora, IL 60507
USA: Illinois: Aurora