- Be from the private sector, industry associations, or academia (federal and provincial government departments, agencies, or crown corporations are not eligible to be primary applicants).
- Reside or be incorporated in Prince Edward Island.
- Demonstrate capacity to meet project outcomes as evidenced through appropriate experience, education and training, or partnerships.
- Be majority owners of their business or lead researchers on their project.
Eligible Use of Funds:
Eligible expenses include salaries, direct material, sub-contracting services, and equipment costs of up to $25,000. Indirect costs and in-kind labour can total no more than 20% of direct costs.
Ineligible Use of Funds:
Ineligible costs include insurance, phone lines, internet charges, goodwill, property tax, and other taxes (these lists are not exhaustive). This will not cover expenses incurred before the application deadline.
Eligible activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Final stage product or process testing and refinement.
- Intellectual property development/protection.
- Development of a marketing strategy.
- Nutritional/Compositional analysis.
- Modifications to production facilities.
- Commercialization activities.
Other Considerations for Eligibility:
- Applications should not be dependent on an existing project. If a project is cost-shared with another organization, the applicant should ensure compliance with all funding sources when establishing budgetary requirements for the project.
- Applicants who have received previous provincial government funding will have to provide additional information to clearly differentiate project activities and results.
- Applicants may submit one application for each round of funding. If an applicant submits more than one application, all applications will be disqualified from the competition.
- Applicants in arrears with any Government Department or Crown Corporation will be disqualified.
- Provincial government employees are ineligible as applicants.