Foundation / Corporation
Connecticut Community Foundation (CCF) - Saunders Fund for the Sick and Infirm of Naugatuck
03/01/19 11:59 PM EST
Grants averaging $5,000 to $10,000 to Naugatuck, Connecticut nonprofit organizations and municipal entities for activities that address the physical and mental health needs of local residents. Grant funding is intended for health-related projects such as the following:
- Initiatives that improve population health, ensure access to quality care, and empower individuals to actively participate in managing their health.
- Efforts to expand and connect community resources to work toward a common vision of health that addresses the unique needs of the region. Promote collaboration from multiple sectors to improve conditions and outcomes related to health and well-being of the region.
- Support for community awareness and increased dissemination of evidence-based prevention and chronic disease management programs (may include diabetes, obesity, tobacco use, asthma, falls).
- Identification of barriers to implement effective prevention models and development of strategies to address these barriers.
The Foundation seeks proposals that:
- Align with priority areas listed above
- Address documented community needs
- Summarize the organization’s track record in successfully implementing programs
- Adopt evidence-based programs and models, when appropriate
- Demonstrate potential for drawing additional or sustaining support
- Clearly explain the project plan and provide a realistic budget that aligns with stated goals
- Advance broader community plans and priorities, when applicable
- Describe local presence (even if an agency is based outside the Foundation’s service area, it may have a local office, staff or partnerships)
GrantWatch ID#: 167035
The average amount is between $5,000 and $10,000. Grants for larger amounts can be considered; for those, please contact staff to discuss the project in advance of submission.
Grant support is available over multiple years, although it is considered one year at a time. If interested in pursuing multiyear funding, simply submit an initial request for one year. In the following year, you may request continued funding through the Foundation’s online grant application.
Due to the time required for funding decisions, the funding period should not begin before May 1, 2018. (If you plan to start a program in April, please contact the respective Program Officer to discuss in advance).
Applicant must be a not-for-profit organization recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a municipal entity seeking a grant for public purposes.
Applicant must have a board, representative of the community, of which a majority is neither employees nor relatives of employees.
Applicant must be located within and/or providing services to residents of Naugatuck.
Applicant must have a Nonprofit Registration to Solicit Funds (or exemption, if appropriate) from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. This registration must be renewed annually. To learn more, confirm your registration, or file for an exemption, go to http://ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1654&q=459952
- Grant requests for political or religious purposes are not accepted.
- Religious organizations or municipalities are not eligible to apply for grants for buildings or expenses related to buildings. However, they may apply for equipment that is specifically part of an eligible programmatic request.
- Grant requests for capital expenditures on buildings not owned by a nonprofit are not accepted.
Applications are due March 1, 2019 by 11:59 PM EST.
The grant review and decision process lasts approximately 10 weeks from the deadline date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Josh Carey, Director of Grants Management
203.753.1315, x 108
Ellen Carter, Director of Community Leadership
If you need any assistance using the grant portal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Connecticut: Naugatuck