Foundation / Corporation
Essex County Community Foundation (ECCF)
05/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $7,500 to Essex County, Massachusetts nonprofit organizations for capacity building efforts. Funding is intended to support specific projects that help nonprofits implement their work more effectively by improving their infrastructure. For the current funding cycle, grants will be awarded to assist organizations in building more equitable, diverse, and inclusive cultures, environments, programs and/or services.
Examples of types of projects that would be considered for these grants include:
- Organizational development
- Board training, development and engagement
- Staff training, development and engagement
- Leadership coaching and development
- Human resources consulting
- Strategic planning
- Program/service design and development
- Community engagement
When reviewing grant proposals, the Foundation will look for:
- Evidence that the project will help the organization improve its ability to meet its mission.
- Evidence that the grant will help the organization secure future funding, affiliation, stability or other benefit.
- Evidence that the organization and its programs that meet a documented need of Essex County residents.
- Proposal completeness, clarity and conciseness.
Consultant fees directly tied to developing the capacity of the organization to successfully transition may be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 167154
ECCF awards grants of up to $7,500.
ECCF awards one-year grants.
Requirements: Nonprofit organizations that have a sound plan for use of the funds to strengthen their capacity as a nonprofit organization serving Essex County.
Grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals
- To organizations located outside of Essex County
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For political purposes
- For debt or deficit reduction
- For capital campaigns for buildings, land acquisition or endowment
- To support academic research
- To address funding gaps due to mismanagement or poor planning
- To support work that has already taken place
- For purposes that are generally a public sector responsibility
- For feasibility studies
- For website development
- To state and local government agencies
Proposals must be submitted online no later than Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 5 pm. Incomplete or late proposals will not be considered.
An ECCF staff person or member of the Committee may contact applicants for additional information about a proposal or to arrange a site visit during the review process. The Committee may also contact other funders, community leaders, or other local agencies to learn more about the organization applying for funds and to discuss the outlined plans.
Grant application process: http://www.eccf.org/grant-application-process
Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oPa0E3V7uU
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online at: https://www.grantinterface.com/eccf/Common/LogOn.aspx
Hehershe Busuego, Program Officer
Essex County Community Foundation
175 Andover Street, Suite 101 Danvers, MA 01923
Tel: 978-777-8876 x 128
USA: Massachusetts: Essex County