Foundation / Corporation
Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation - Poweshiek County Alliance
01/24/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Poweshiek County, Iowa nonprofit organizations for programs that benefit local residents and strengthen the communities within the County. The funding source is particularly interested in proposals that focus on culture, education, and recreation, as well as programs and projects that enhance the safety, beauty, and economic vitality of the County.
Projects/programs that will benefit more than one community in the County are encouraged, and preference will be given to applications seeking matching funds, or to organizations seeking to collaborate with other local nonprofits.
The funding source invites proposals that:
- Suggest practical approaches to community problems
- Generate community support, in the form of volunteers/collaboration
- Promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services
- Demonstrate an organization’s ability to secure stable funding
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Increase civic participation and community vitality
- Build community connections, especially among diverse groups
- Encourage discussion about critical issues
GrantWatch ID#: 167290
No application will be rejected solely on the amount requested; however, the Foundation anticipates supporting requests up to $10,000.
The funding source does not make grants for requests for multi-year commitments.
Nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply if they are located in or provide services to Poweshiek County and have a 501c3 designation.
Applications for General Campaigns are not accepted.
The funding source does not make grants for:
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, age or religion
- Conferences and annual meetings
- Organizations that do not serve the greater Poweshiek County area
- Political campaigns and lobbying efforts
- Requests for multi-year commitments
- Loans or debt retirement
- Continuous requests for operating support
- Sectarian organizations whose services are limited to members of any one religious group
- Retroactive funding for any project expenses incurred before GPCF’s decision dates
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application and guidelines.
Applications accompanied by an IRS form W9 must be received in the office or submitted electronically by 4:00 pm on January 24, 2018 to be considered. Grant distributions will be made by April 15th, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be submitted electronically by emailing them to Nicole Brua-Behrens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding your project or qualifications, you may contact Nicole Brua-Behrens at the above email address or at (641)236–5518, ext. 222.
USA: Iowa: Poweshiek County