Foundation / Corporation
Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation - Community Fund for Poweshiek County
01/24/18 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Poweshiek County, Iowa nonprofits, governmental entities, public schools, selected church programs, and most IHEs for innovative cultural, educational, and recreational opportunities. Also funded are programs that promote community safety, beauty, and economic development.
- Suggest practical approaches to community problems
- Generate community support, in the form of volunteers/collaboration
- Promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services
- Demonstrate an organization’s ability to secure stable funding
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Increase civic participation and community vitality
- Build community connections, especially among diverse groups
- Encourage discussion about critical issues
GrantWatch ID#: 167291
No application will be rejected solely on the amount requested; however, the fund anticipates supporting requests up to $10,000.
Note: Legal applicants are organizations with the 501(c)(3) designation and/or governmental entities, public schools, some nonsectarian church programs, and most post secondary educational institutions. Other non-profit organizations may be eligible to apply based on their project, or if they have an eligible fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, age or religion
- Conferences and annual meetings
- Organizations that do not serve the greater Poweshiek County area
- Political campaigns and lobbying efforts
- Requests for multi-year commitments
- Loans or debt retirement
- Continuous requests for operating support
- Sectarian organizations whose services are limited to members of any one religious group
- Retroactive funding for any project expenses incurred before GPCF’s decision dates.
Grant distributions will be made by April 15th, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be submitted electronically by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailed applications should be sent to:
Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation
PO Box 344
Grinnell, IA 50112
(641) 236–5518, ext. 222
USA: Iowa: Poweshiek County