Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Whistler
03/22/18 5:00 PM Electronic Receipt
Grants ranging from $1,000 and $2,000 to Pemberton area, British Columbia nonprofits to improve the quality of life for local residents. LOIs are due February 8, 2018. Emphasis will be placed on proposals that seek to make a significant, long-term impact on the community. Program areas include arts, culture, health, education, youth, and the environment.
The Pemberton and Area Community Grants program is guided by the following values:
- Community Connections: The Community Foundation of Whistler recognizes that connections foster a sense of belonging for individuals and we seek to foster partnerships and collaboration.
- Inclusiveness: The Foundation supports a vital community where everyone can participate and all the various segments of the community are embraced.
- Equity: The Foundation strives for a fair society in which all have the opportunity to reach their potential in a safe and healthy environment.
- Creating Long-Term Community Impact: The Foundation seeks to support actions that invest in the long-term benefit of the community.
The Foundation seeks to fund projects that meet many or all of following characteristics:
- Seek to achieve a clearly articulated, measurable impact on the community
- Demonstrate stories of impact
- Work to address the root causes of difficult issues and apply strategies for long-term solutions
- Respond to a demonstrated need. Applicants may refer to Whistler Vital Signs (see Pre-Application Information for link).
- Contribute to the public body of knowledge related to an issue and outcomes identified
- Increase community connections through strengthening partnerships and collaboration
- Show evidence of local support
- Create opportunities for individuals to connect across barriers
Supporting Inclusiveness and Equity
- Engage vulnerable individuals and populations to strengthen inclusion
- Involve those directly impacted by the project in the project plans and evaluation
- Use and enhance the skills and knowledge of local people and encourage volunteers and community members to participate in community life.
GrantWatch ID#: 167416
Grants between $1,000 and $2,000 will be awarded. Grants are provided for up to 50% of a project budget.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email LOIs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, contact Carol Coffey at 604-935-8080 or at the email above.
Community Foundation of Whistler
PO Box 1184
Whistler, BC V0N 1B0
Pemberton and surrounding areas
Canada: British Columbia: Pemberton and surrounding areas;
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length film projects. Funding is intended to support projects at any production phase from development through post-production. Priority will be given to applications from early career and emerg
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of up to $2,500 to Canadian registered charities and individuals to promote outdoor safety. Funding may be used to train and educate youth and outdoor leaders on risk avoidance, and to provide activities to facilitate communication among youth, leaders, and paren
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research on reproductive biology in mammals and its relation to fertility regulation. Eligible expenses include fringes, institutional overhead, and stipends. Funding is intended to support early-career resea
Fellowships of $45,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit educational institutions for postdoctoral research programs on Fragile X syndrome. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full proposal. The program aims to advance studies that se
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International PhD, MD, and postdoctoral researchers working in a USA lab for cancer research projects. Emphasis is placed on projects addressing causes and/or treatment. Funding is intended to support young promising scientists at a criti
Grants to USA, Canada, and International graduate students and postdoctoral fellows for assistance in establishing careers as investigators in the field of neurofibromatosis. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to applying. Grant recipients will receive two