Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region - Times Union “Hope Fund”
Grants of up to $5,000 to New York nonprofits for after-school and summer programs for low-income and at-risk children in the Capital Region. Eligible counties include Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington.
Funding is intended to support programs that will have a significant impact on the overall quality of life for children in the region.
GrantWatch ID#: 167532
Organizations may apply for up to $5,000 annually in grant funding.
One-year and multi-year requests will be considered.
To be eligible for competitive grants, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as a nonprofit organization OR operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a qualifying nonprofit organization;
- Serve residents and be located within the ten-county Capital Region of New York State (Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington Counties) unless otherwise indicated.
The following are generally not eligible for competitive grants:
- Programs that the Community Foundation will have to operate;
- Scholarship or fellowship programs;
- Political, governmental or religious activities;
- Conferences and/or speakers’ expenses;
- Advertisements in programs, journals or other
- Special events and other fundraising events;
- Annual appeals or membership contributions.
An online pre-application questionnaire is required. If the pre-application questionnaire is accepted, a formal proposal will be requested by the “Hope Fund” agency review committee.
Pre-applications for after-school programs and summer programs are due February 15, 2018, and will be reviewed by March 2018. If the organization is invited to submit a formal application, it will be due in April - May 2018 and decided upon by June 30, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapplication.aspx%3fSA%3dSNA%26FID%3d35081%26sid%3d5653&SA=SNA&FID=35081&sid=5653
Times Union Hope Fund
c/o The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region
6 Tower Place
Albany, NY 12203
USA: New York: Counties of Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie and Washington