Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region - Barry Alan Gold Memorial Fund
Grants of up to $5,000 to New York nonprofit organizations in the Greater Albany area for community programs that facilitate increased access to services and benefits for all residents. Funding is intended to improve access to the following services: legal assistance, healthcare, childcare or family services, and arts programming.
GrantWatch ID#: 167540
Grant requests from this fund should not exceed $5,000.
Grant terms will not exceed one year. The Fund will not give to the same organization in consecutive years.
To be eligible for competitive grants, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as a nonprofit organization OR operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a qualifying nonprofit organization;
- Serve residents and be located within the ten-county Capital Region of New York State (Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington Counties) unless otherwise indicated.
The following are generally not eligible for competitive grants:
- Programs that the Community Foundation will have to operate;
- Scholarship or fellowship programs;
- Political, governmental or religious activities;
- Conferences and/or speakers’ expenses;
- Advertisements in programs, journals or other publications;
- Special events and other fundraising events;
- Annual appeals or membership contributions
A pre-application questionnaire is required and should be emailed to Shelly Connolly, Program Assistant.d Applications and accompanying materials should be submitted using the online application portal.
Pre- Application Questionnaires Due: May 2, 2019
Applications Due: June – July 2019 (If the organization is invited to submit a formal application, the due date for the formal application will be provided at that time.)
Final Decisions Will Be Made: September 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
How to apply:
Shelly Connolly, Program Assistant
The Barry Alan Gold Memorial Fund
c/o The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region
Two Tower Place
Albany, NY 12203
USA: New York: Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington Counties