Find Nonprofit and Small Business Grants

Advance Search

Only Available for Paid Subscribers
Clear Filters
Search Filters

2018 KAFA Award for the Visual Arts

Award to a USA Korean-American Artist in
Recognition of Outstanding Works of Art

Agency Type:

Foundation / Corporation

Funding Source:

Add to My Calendar 

Korea Arts Foundation of America (KAFA)

Deadline Date:

03/31/18 Postmarked

Description:

Request a Grant Writer

Award of $15,000 to a USA or territories individual artist of Korean descent to support and recognize excellence in the visual arts. The intention of this award is to enable artists to realize creative endeavors, encourage, nurture, and enhance artistic accomplishments, and acknowledge the presence of outstanding Korean-American artists.

The awardee’s artwork will be exhibited in the Los Angeles area. The selected recipient is responsible for any and all shipping and insurance expenses incurred during the installation, presentation, and de-installation of the exhibition. 70% of the proceeds from sales at the exhibition will be given to the Artist. The remaining 30% will be used by KAFA to cover exhibition expenses.

Selection Criteria
-Artistic merit of works
-Consideration of Award's impact on the artist's career
-Record of artistic activity, accomplishments, and future potential
-Show a continued commitment to the visual arts

GrantWatch ID#:

GrantWatch ID#: 167754

Number of Grants:

KAFA selects one artist biennially.

Estimated Size of Grant:

A total award of $15,000 will be given to the selected artist in two installments of US $7,500. The first sum will be awarded upon selection, and the remaining will be awarded at the exhibition opening the following year in Los Angeles, California.

Additional Eligibility Criteria:

Eligibility:
-Visual artists of all media are eligible.
-Applicant must be either a US citizen of Korean ancestry, Korean with permanent residency status in the US, or approved by the Board.
-Applicants must show a continued commitment to the visual arts, and should have received some professional recognition.

You cannot be enrolled currently as a full-time student.

Pre-Application Information:

Artists are selected biennially (even-numbered years).

A $30 application fee is required. Fees are applied to administration and program development.

To be considered for the grant, complete the application form postmarked by March 31, 2018.

Contact Information:

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Ellie Lee
kafaaward@gmail.com

Korea Arts Foundation of America
941 S. Vermont Ave, Ste 101 #9
Los Angeles, CA 90006

+1 323 692 2005
info@kafa.us

URL for Full Text (RFP):

Geographic Focus:

USA: Alabama;   Alaska;   Arizona;   Arkansas;   California;   Colorado;   Connecticut;   Delaware;   Florida;   Georgia;   Hawaii;   Idaho;   Illinois;   Indiana;   Iowa;   Kansas;   Kentucky;   Louisiana;   Maine;   Maryland;   Massachusetts;   Michigan;   Minnesota;   Mississippi;   Missouri;   Montana;   Nebraska;   Nevada;   New Hampshire;   New Jersey;   New Mexico;   New York City;   New York;   North Carolina;   North Dakota;   Ohio;   Oklahoma;   Oregon;   Pennsylvania;   Rhode Island;   South Carolina;   South Dakota;   Tennessee;   Texas;   Utah;   Vermont;   Virginia;   Washington, DC;   Washington;   West Virginia;   Wisconsin;   Wyoming

USA Territories: American Samoa (USA)   Guam (USA)   Puerto Rico (USA)   Virgin Islands (USA)   Northern Mariana Islands (USA)