Foundation / Corporation
Main Street Community Foundation - Plainville Community Fund
03/15/19 4:00 PM
Grants to Plainville, Connecticut nonprofit organizations and public or governmental agencies to enhance the lives of local residents. Applicants should contact the Foundation at least 7 days prior to the deadline to discuss their proposal. Consideration is given to requests in the areas of arts and culture, youth programs, education, health, human services, environment and animal welfare, and community development.
- The Fund is looking to support nonprofits and organizations as they work to sustain and improve the delivery of services in challenging times. Less emphasis will be placed on funding new programs unless it serves a documented unmet need.
- Each request must include stated outcomes and criteria by which they will be evaluated.
- In general, grants are made for future, planned expenditures and not to cover operating deficits or previously incurred obligations. Salaries and operational expenses will only be considered as a part of the program or project for which funding is being requested.
- Grants for capital expenditures will be given consideration if the project is designed to directly benefit programs which meet the fund’s guidelines.
Preference will be given to proposals that identify ways the organization will build its capacity as a tool for programmatic and organizational sustainability in one or more of the following categories:
- Increasing program’s impact or reach through collaborations or partnerships
- Responding to changing or emerging needs in the community
- Demonstrating that there is an established need if this is a new program
- Leveraging or generating other funding resources
- Enhancing an existing program
GrantWatch ID#: 167817
- Grants are made for a charitable purpose and must serve the public to be a charitable expenditure.
- Grants are awarded to 501(c)(3) not for profit organizations and 170(c)(1) public or governmental units serving the community of Plainville.
- Either the organization or the program for which funding is requested must provide a service to the residents of Plainville. Strong documentation must be provided from out-of-area agencies that serve individuals from the town, and such requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Repeat requests from agencies are certainly welcome. If an agency’s request for funding was approved in 2017 and 2018, the agency is asked to wait until 2020 before submitting another request for funding.
- Follow up reports from all previous grants must have been completed and returned to Main Street Community Foundation. If they have not, the agency or organization will not be eligible for funding.
Projects Not Funded:
- Operating or budgets deficits
- Day-to-day operating expenses
- Previously incurred obligations
- Endowments, research, political and/or lobbying activities
- Property repairs or maintenance
- Loans and memorials
- Replacement of governmental or other public funding
- Fundraising events
Grants are not available to individuals except through the scholarship program. Religiously affiliated or supported organizations may solicit grants for secular projects; however, grants for religious activities will not be entertained.
Applications must be completed on the Online Grants Center by 4 p.m. on March 15, 2019.
Contact Kate Kerchaert or Samantha Rajotte by phone to discuss a proposal at least 7 business days prior to the due date.
The Plainville Community Fund at its sole discretion may provide outright grants, challenge grants or grants which require matching funds.
Eligibility Guidelines (click on the name of the Fund for more information):
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Kate Kerchaert, Director of Grants & Programs,
Samantha Rajotte, Scholarship & Program Officer
Main Street Community Foundation
120 Halcyon Drive
P.O. Box 2702
Bristol, Connecticut 06011-2702
Phone (860) 583-6363
Fax (860) 589-1252
USA: Connecticut: Plainville