Foundation / Corporation
Health Forward Foundation
08/21/19 12:00 PM
Grants to Kansas and Missouri nonprofit organizations and government agencies in the Kansas City area for programs that improve access to quality healthcare for vulnerable populations. Applicants must submit a Letter of Intent prior to applying. Funding is intended for the implementation of service delivery models for physical and oral health, which are safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, integrated, and affordable. Applicants can apply for project support, program support, or core support for ongoing operations.
Health Forward serves Kansas City, Missouri, including portions of Clay and Platte counties; Cass, Lafayette, and Jackson counties in Missouri; and Allen, Johnson, and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
Short-term program strategies should include access, quality, and costs. Long-term outcomes include better health, better care, and lower costs. For additional information related to strategies, see:
Project support is funding for a specific, connected set of activities with a defined beginning and end date, explicit objectives/outcomes, and predetermined costs:
- Projects must be new or significantly modified from ongoing operations and must align with the Safety Net request for proposal.
- This funding category is also appropriate for organizations providing ongoing services that have been in place less than three years.
- Allowable expenses include costs such as salaries, equipment, supplies, and other expenses directly related to the project.
Program support is funding for a specific, connected set of ongoing, long-term activities or services with explicit objectives/outcomes, and predetermined costs.
- Allowable expenses include costs such as salaries, equipment, supplies, and other expenses directly related to the program.
- This funding category is for organizations that provide ongoing services that align directly with the Safety Net request for proposal.
- Available for services that are well-established and have been in place for at least three years.
Federally qualified health centers and look alikes can apply for core support, which is the working capital nonprofit organizations need to sustain their day-to-day operations. This funding supports ongoing operations and represents the maintenance or expansion of core functions of an organization.
- Note: In 2019, applicants for core support funding are limited to federally qualified health centers and health center look-alikes. Eligible agencies provide direct medical and dental services, work to accomplish missions that directly align with Health Forward’s mission, have a history of successful funding with Health Forward, and are subject to federal oversight.
- This funding category may cover day-to-day activities or ongoing expenses, such as: salaries, utilities, office supplies, technology/facility maintenance, technology purchases, and professional development.
GrantWatch ID#: 167863
Health Forward will approve plans for up to three years of funding. Applicants are required to provide a compelling justification for multi-year funding.
- Applicants for project support may submit a plan and budget for up to two years of project support funding.
- Applicants for program support may submit a plan and budget for up to three years of program support funding.
- Applicants for core support funding are encouraged to submit a three-year plan and budget
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Anyone wanting to register for the grantee portal should contact email@example.com.
(816) 241-7006, ext. 138
(816) 241-7006, ext. 116
(816) 241-7006, ext. 141
Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City
2700 East 18th Street, Suite 220
Kansas City MO 64127
Kansas City, Missouri, including portions of Clay and Platte counties; Cass, Lafayette, and Jackson counties in Missouri; and Allen, Johnson, and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
USA: Kansas; Missouri