Foundation / Corporation
Patricia Kind Family Foundation
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 per year for one to three years to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations in the Philadelphia area for programs and services that help children, adults, and seniors in need obtain physical and mental health care and related human services, including food, shelter, clothing, and education.
For the purposes of these grants, the Philadelphia area includes Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, and Chester Counties.
The Foundation is interested in encouraging practical, caring solutions to community problems by supporting preventive and direct service efforts. The Patricia Kind Family Foundation operates no programs of its own, but performs its mission by funding proven approaches from nonprofit organizations. The Foundation is especially committed to helping individuals and families who struggle daily with the effects of poverty.
Priority will be given to smaller organizations with budgets under $1 million. These organizations are encouraged to apply for general operating funds.
GrantWatch ID#: 167915
Most giving is in the range of $5,000 to $20,000 per year, for a one to three year period.
Most giving is provided for a one to three year period.
Foundation grants are made only to organizations operating in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware or Chester Counties that are tax exempt under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Excluded from the Foundation’s funding priorities are grants in direct support of individuals, i.e., scholarships or fellowships; endowments; and capital projects.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application questions.
The Board meets in January, April and August to make funding decisions.
The online application will close at midnight on the deadline date.
Winter Cycle: December 1 - January 15
- Proposals are reviewed and site visits scheduled in February and March.
- Final funding decisions are made at our Board meeting in April and notification letters will be mailed out by the end of May.
Spring Cycle: April 1 - May 1
- Proposals are reviewed and site visits scheduled in May, June, and July.
- Final funding decisions are made at our Board meeting in August and notification letters will be mailed out by the end of September.
Fall Cycle: August 15 - September 15
- Proposals are reviewed and site visits scheduled in October, November, and December.
- Final funding decisions are made at our Board meeting in January and notification letters will be mailed out by the end of February.
The Foundation's Mission Statement:
Trustee Discretionary Grants:
Resources for Grantees:
- Grantees must wait one year after completion of a grant before being eligible to submit a new request.
- Applicants who are denied funding are asked to wait at least one year before reapplying.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Regina Bosca, Grants Manager
The Patricia Kind Family Foundation
717 Bethlehem Pike, Suite 160
Erdenheim, PA, 19038
USA: Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, and Chester Counties