Foundation / Corporation
Maine Community Foundation
02/01/18 11:59 PM
Grants to Baldwin area, Maine nonprofits, municipalities, public schools, State agencies, and Indian tribal governments for programs and projects that focus on promoting economic self-sufficiency, education, volunteerism, public awareness about the importance of forestry and the natural resource economy, and/or sustainable management of Baldwin’s natural resource-based economy.
Proposed projects will be given additional priority if:
- The organization uses the grant to raise additional financial resources or to promote social capital.
- The organization is not likely to receive funding from other sources.
GrantWatch ID#: 168179
Who is eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt organizations, including most municipalities
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior
- Non-exempt groups with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization, public school, or public agency. Click here to review the Foundation's fiscal sponsorship policy and forms: http://www.mainecf.org/GrantsNonprofits/HelpforGrantApplicants/GrantGuidelines/FiscalSponsorshipOverview.aspx
Not funded, without exception:
- Expenses already incurred
- Political campaigns
- Lobbying in the form of calls to action on a specific vote
- Religious activities: including, but not limited to, religious services, promotion of religious beliefs, or activities that are restricted to church or religious group membership
Eligibility Information: http://www.mainecf.org/GrantsNonprofits/HelpforGrantApplicants/GrantGuidelines.aspx
Proposals must be submitted by February 1. Applicants will be notified of the final decisions in early April.
If the grant program uses online applications, these must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the program deadline, even on weekends and holidays.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Maine: Baldwin Area