Foundation / Corporation
The Roanoke Women's Foundation (RWF)
05/31/19 5:00 PM
Grants starting at $30,000 to Virginia nonprofit organizations for programs in the areas of environment, health and human services, arts and culture, and education in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas. A preliminary application must be submitted before being invited to submit a final application. Funding is available for organizations providing services in the cities of Roanoke and Salem and the counties of Roanoke, Botetourt, Craig, Floyd, and Franklin.
GrantWatch ID#: 168352
Requests must be a minimum of $30,000.
Eligible organizations must have 501(c)(3) status.
RWF awards grants to organizations located in or providing services in the cities of Roanoke and Salem and the counties of Roanoke, Botetourt, Craig, Floyd, and Franklin. Please note: One hundred percent (100%) of RWF grant funds must be used in our defined service area.
Please note: If an organization is awarded a RWF grant, there is a five-year waiting period to become eligible to apply again. For example, an organization awarded a RWF grant in 2014 would be eligible to submit an application in 2019.
- March 1: Phase I Applications accepted from all qualified charitable organizations.
- March 31: Phase I Application deadline (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. No exceptions!)
- April: RWF Grants Committee reviews and evaluates Phase I Applications.
- May 1: Agencies notified via email whether or not they have been selected to submit a Phase II Application.
- May 31: Phase II Application deadline (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. No exceptions!)
- June—August: Follow-up phone calls and/or site visits conducted by RWF Grants Committee. September: RWF selects up to ten finalists and notifies all Phase II applicants whether or not they are selected for the ballot.
- November 7: Grants awarded at the RWF Annual Awards Luncheon. Recipients notified in advance of the date and invited to attend.
Application Tutorial Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8P9ImR-APIbOVI5YVBFUWpXbnc/view
Tips for Creating a Strong Application: http://www.roanokewomensfoundation.org/page-18150
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To determine eligibility and to apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=roanokewomen
The Roanoke Women's Foundation
P.O. Box 8976
Roanoke, Virginia 24014
USA: Virginia: The cities of Roanoke and Salem and the counties of Roanoke, Botetourt, Craig, Floyd, and Franklin