Foundation / Corporation
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Foundation
01/09/18 5:00 PM CT
Grants of up to $50,000 to USA family physicians and family medical organizations for research projects that are significantly relevant to the field. Priority will be given to new researchers and those who mentor new investigators on the research team. The Foundation is seeking proposals for separate and unique projects of one or two years duration.
Applications for smaller-scale studies with lower costs are also welcome.
GrantWatch ID#: 168374
The Joint Grant Awards Program (JGAP) provides up to $50,000 for research projects.
Projects of one or two years duration are supported.
The principal investigator must be a Family Medicine researcher (a clinician or PhD). The principal investigator or one of the co-investigators must be a member of the AAFP.
The following may apply:
- Individual family physicians.
- Family Medicine organizations or associations.
- Family Medicine residency programs.
- Department of Family Medicine.
- Education and health care institutions or organizations that will use the JGAP support exclusively for research projects directly involving and impacting Family Medicine.
- Cost for running/implementing the program
- Indirect or overhead costs
- Travel for an investigator to present research findings at a professional meeting, conference or seminar
- Acquisition of computers or other electronic hardware
- Capital acquisition of equipment
The deadline to submit an application is January 9. When the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, proposals are due the following workday.
1. Applications first receive an administrative review to verify that the application has been properly prepared and completed. Only those that adhere to the application instructions will be reviewed and considered.
2. After the administrative review, correctly prepared applications are submitted to the Research Commitee (RC) for review and ranking.
3. Recommendations for grant funding are made by the RC and the formal awarding of grants is done by the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees.
4. Feedback is provided from the RC to applicants whose submissions are not funded.
More information regarding the application and review process may be found here: http://www.aafpfoundation.org/foundation/our-work/grants-awards/all/joint-grant/application.html
JGAP awards for applications for the January 9 submission deadline are announced in late May.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Sharon Hunt, Programs Strategist
(800) 274-2237, ext. 4474
American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway, Suite 440
Leawood, KS 66211-2672
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming