Grants of up to $5,000 to Ellis County, Texas public school department chairs, campus program coordinators, team leaders, and instructional facilitators to develop innovative instructional programs that will increase student achievement. Funding is intended to benefit a relatively large number of students, e.g., entire grade levels, entire departments, or entire campuses within the Red Oak Independent School District.
Grant projects should:
- Directly involve students and their achievement.
- Impact as many students as possible.
- Have defined objectives.
- Detail instructional procedures.
- Include evaluation procedures that measure program/project outcomes.
- Be logical, clear, and concise.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must be campus program coordinators, department chairs, team leaders, or instructional facilitators within the Red Oak ISD who are involved in the instruction of a large number of students.
Grant funds may not replace normal funding from tax-based sources. Requesting alternate funding for an existing project or program is inappropriate.
Because the Foundation’s funding focus is on innovation, it is unlikely that a grant will be awarded to fund the continuation of existing projects or to fund projects that are very similar to previously awarded grants. Applicants must make every effort to verify that proposed grants are new and innovative to the district.
Covered items include:
- Equipment, materials, field trips, technology, or outside experts/consultants if part of a well-planned project and is directly related to student learning.
- Equipment and/or materials for parent/family home use that include a parental agreement and a final evaluation that accounts for the materials and/or equipment.
- Proposals that incorporate additional funds and/or community resources.
Excluded items include:
- Equipment and/or materials typically acquired through district, state, or federal funding
- Equipment and/or materials that are not requested as part of a well-planned project or program
- “Incentive” field trips
- Salaries (including stipends and substitute teacher pay)
- Staff development (registration, fees, lodging, travel, meals)
- Requests that exceed the stated dollar limit
Additional Geographic Information:
Communities of Pecan Hill and Red Oak, along with portions of Glenn Heights, Oak Leaf, Ovilla, and Waxahachie in Ellis County.
Applications must be received in the ROISD Foundation Office (address below) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, February 18, 2016 at 4:30pm.
Please turn in only one hard copy, paper clipped, no staples, no folders to:
Red Oak ISD Education Foundation
ACORN Building – 101 Live Oak
Red Oak, Texas 75154
Number of Grants
The number of grants awarded depends on the number of qualified applications received and funds available from the Foundation.
Estimated Size of Grant
Up to $5,000.
Term of Contract
Projects must be designed to begin during the current/following school year and funds must be expended by the last day of the calendar year in which the proposal was funded.