Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $5,000 to Arizona, Louisiana, Connecticut, Colorado, Texas, New Jersey, Iowa, and New Mexico K-12 teachers, school administrators, parent volunteers and PTA officials at public and private schools for STEM learning opportunities. Funding will be provided to schools located in communities where the funding source has an operational presence (see communities listed below).
GrantWatch ID#: 168561
Grants up to $5,000 are awarded to support projects in the eligible project categories.
Applicants may be teachers, school administrators or parent volunteers/PTA officials at public and private schools located in or near communities where Freeport-McMoRan has a presence. Applications must be submitted through the K-12 school.
A school is eligible to receive up to two (2) STEM Innovation grants during each application period. Each applicant/teacher/classroom may receive one grant award per school year.
- Ajo, Arizona
- Bagdad, Arizona
- Bisbee Area, Arizona
- Climax Molybdenum/Climax Mine Operations (Lake, Summit, Chaffee, Eagle counties)
- Climax Molybdenum/Henderson Operations (Clear Creek and Grand counties)
- El Paso, Texas
- Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Ft. Madison, Iowa
- Graham County, Arizona (Safford Operations)
- Grant County, New Mexico (New Mexico Operations)
- Green Valley/Sahuarita, Arizona (Sierrita Operations)
- Greenlee County, Arizona (Morenci Operations)
- Jerome/Clarkdale, Arizona
- Miami/Globe, Arizona
- Native American Communities (Hualapai, San Carlos Apache, Tohono O'odham and White Mountain Apache)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (parishes of: Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, Tangipahoa)
- Norwich, Connecticut
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
Application Window: December 1 – March 15
Awards Announced: May 1
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download a printable version of the application.
Please note that this can be used as reference when completing the online application. The Foundation only accepts applications submitted online.
Click here to view the communities served by the funding source: http://www.freeportinmycommunity.com/communities/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online by completing the eligibility quiz: http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=4250&x_quiz_id=4703&x_order_by=1
Direct link to application: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=4250&x_proposal_type_id=26064
Additional Contacts: http://www.freeportinmycommunity.com/communities/global-comunity-contacts
USA: Arizona: Ajo, Bagdad, Bisbee Area, Graham County, Green Valley/Sahuarita, Greenlee County, Jerome/Clarkdale, Miami/Globe, Phoenix and Tucson; Colorado: Lake, Summit, Chaffee, Eagle, Clear Creek and Grand Counties; Connecticut: Norwich; Iowa: Ft. Madison; Louisiana: New Orleans; New Jersey: Elizabeth; New Mexico: Grant County; Texas: El Paso