Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation (TCF)
04/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants to California nonprofit organizations to improve organizational capacity in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Funding is intended to support initiatives that will strengthen organizational effectiveness, capacity, and sustainability. Eligible capacity-building activities are those that strengthen the performance of a nonprofit organization to better meet its mission and purpose.
Capacity building funds provide an opportunity for nonprofits to reflect, learn, and take action in developing short and/or long-term, sustainable solutions to challenges they face in addressing critical community needs.
Menu of Capacity Building Activities
- Training/Workshops such as: Board of Governance, Fund Development, Leadership, Advocacy, Logic
Models, Finance/Budgets, Evaluation, Marketing, Technology, Social Media, Branding, HR, etc.
- Organizational Assessments
- Strategic Partnering
- Technical Assistance
- Succession Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Program or Service Delivery Efficiency
- Provide funding that allows an organization to maximize resources and efficiency to build sustaining
organizational impact administratively and programmatically.
- Enhance effective community impact through the development of strong, efficient, and sustainable
- Promote values of organizational responsibility and self-sufficiency
One-Year Responsive Grants:
Grants are available to support efforts that enable an organization to effectively carry out its mission by
strengthening organizational capacity, infrastructure, and sustainability.
GrantWatch ID#: 168751
One-Year Responsive Grants: The maximum grant award is $10,000.
One-Year Responsive Grants: The grant period is for one year, beginning September 1, 2019 and ending August 31, 2020. Requests for extensions must be submitted in writing and approved by TCF.
- Nonprofit, public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the
Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- Nonprofit organizations that can document on-going operations in Riverside and/or San Bernardino
Counties and have nonprofit status per above for at least three years.
- Previous grantees must be in good standing; all reporting requirements must be current.
- One-Year Responsive Grant Applicants: Nonprofit organizations must have an operating budget of less
than $1 million. This applies to fiscal sponsors also.
These types of expenses are not eligible for funding:
- Retroactive funding for costs already incurred
- Endowment, capital or annual fund appeals
- Capital projects (construction of buildings)
- Paying off deficits or existing obligations
- Direct support of individuals
- School/college-based extracurricular activities
- Research or development activities
- Partisan activities
- Event sponsorships
- Re-granting purposes
Technical Assistance Workshops:
To be announced – Please check the website.
Deadline: Applications must be completed and submitted by 5:00 pm (Pacific Time) on Monday, April 1, 2019. All applications MUST be submitted via the on-line application process.
All applicants will be notified of the results, in writing, three months after the submission deadline.
Please do not contact TCF prior to this date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online:
Please submit your questions at email@example.com
USA: California: Riverside and San Bernardino Counties