Foundation / Corporation
Howard County Arts Council (HCAC)
04/10/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Baltimore City, Maryland nonprofit organizations to produce arts or cultural activities in Howard County. Funding is intended to encourage previous grant recipients to create focused, distinct programs in areas that include, but are not limited to, dance, design, folk and traditional arts, history exhibits or historic reenactments, lectures or seminars, literature, media arts, music, theater, visual arts, and workshops.
Outreach Howard Purpose:
- To foster excellence, diversity, and vitality in arts offerings for Howard County residents.
- To broaden opportunities for Howard County residents, artists, and arts organizations.
- To increase the availability of arts activities in Howard County.
- To provide opportunities for Baltimore City grant recipients to produce programs in Howard County and to engage residents in Howard County.
- To provide opportunities for Howard County residents who otherwise would not have access to such programs.
Program activities must either:
- Be open to the public, with or without an admission fee, or
- Bring arts and/or cultural activities to a targeted audience in Howard County that might not otherwise be able to experience this activity, such as senior citizens or residents at special needs facilities.
- Qualified, experienced staff must be involved in the planning and implementation of the program.
For allowable expenses, see the Guidelines listed in Pre-Application Information below.
GrantWatch ID#: 169198
Grant requests cannot exceed $15,000.
Outreach Howard supports programs that will take place between October 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. Funds must be spent by June 30, 2020.
Applicant Eligibility and Qualifications:
-Applicant organization may be a previous BCAC grant recipient in or any Baltimore City organization that has received funding from HCAC within the last 2 years. Applicants must be in good standing.
-A program is eligible for funding if it supports an arts and/or cultural activity that is presented to an audience at a location in Howard County.
While not required, applicants are encouraged to consider partnerships with Howard County organizations.
Examples of unallowable costs for Outreach Howard:
- Operating expenses or indirect costs, that is organizational costs not directly related to carrying out the funded project.
- Food and beverages.
- Operating reserves or debit service.
- Fundraisers and special events.
- Equipment over $500.
- Expenses of partner organizations.
- In-kind services.
- Expenses of State or local governmental agencies, including Howard County Public Schools, Recreation and Parks, Howard - Community College, etc.
- Expenses related to tuition-based activities and operations of visual and performing arts schools and universities or colleges.
- Scholarships, awards or tuition assistance for program participants.
- Non-local transportation.
For additional information about unallowable expenses, see the Guidelines listed in Pre-Application Information below.
The deadline to apply for an FY20 Outreach Howard Grant is April 10, 2019, at 11:59 PM.
- February 2019 Grant applications available online
- April 10, 2019 Deadline for applications.
- September 6, 2019 Earliest announcement of grant award or rejection
An applicant organization may apply for one grant per cycle; the program may consist of a one-time activity or a series of related activities.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To access the online grant application system: https://hcac.gosmart.org/
Please direct all questions regarding the application to HCAC at 410-313-2787.
Howard County Arts Council
Howard County Center for the Arts
8510 High Ridge Road
Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
USA: Maryland: Baltimore City/Howard County