Foundation / Corporation
Kentucky Bar Foundation (KBF)
Grants to Kentucky nonprofits for justice and law-related programs that benefit local residents and communities. The Foundation seeks to support organizations that promote law-related education and access to justice for state residents. Previous grants have funded legal assistance for immigrants and child advocacy programs.
KBF support has positively affected the lives of many citizens of the Commonwealth and furthered the administration of justice through programs that include:
- Educating the public about law and the justice system
- Helping at-risk children
- Providing funding to assist abused women and children
- Assisting veterans with legal problems by funding clinics offering free legal services
- Providing funding to educate high school seniors about abuse of credit
- Preserving legal history
GrantWatch ID#: 169572
To be considered for a grant, your program must meet the following requirements, among others:
- Recipient must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The program or project for which funding is requested must have a law-related purpose and provide services in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Completed applications are due on March 15, 2018. The KBF's 2018 grants will be awarded in June 2018 at the KBF's annual Fellows & Partners for Justice Society Luncheon.
Program areas: https://kybarfoundation.org/about/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To request an application: https://kybarfoundation.org/grants/request-application
Or call to request an application: (502) 564-3795
Kentucky Bar Foundation, Inc.
Kentucky Bar Center
514 W. Main Street
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-1812
Guion L. Johnstone, Executive Director
Gwen Smallenburg, Program Manager