National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) South Central Region (SCR)
03/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Arkansas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma libraries, organizations, and institutions for programs to enhance the use of and access to authoritative health information. Funding is intended for expenses such as software, personnel, equipment, supplies, travel, reproduction, and Internet service provider fees.
The purpose of this award is to enable organizations to develop and offer programs that will increase access to and use of authoritative health information resources.
Projects can include but are not limited to:
- Training in effective use of electronic health information resources, with an emphasis on NLM databases (examples include (but are not limited to): PubMed (link is external), MedlinePlus (link is external), Partners in Information Access to the Public Health Workforce (link is external), and HealthReach (link is external))
- Promoting health information literacy
- Improving access to health information and information technology
- Increasing underserved communities' access to health information
- Training on how to evaluate health information found on the Internet
- Holding a regional symposium on health information topics
- Other creative ideas are encouraged
Projects may target a specific community or population including but not limited to:
- Faith-based organizations
- Refugee health organizations
- Unaffiliated healthcare professionals
- State/local health departments
- Public libraries
- Minority or ethnic populations
- Low-income residents
- Community-based organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 169666
Up to $10,000
The funding period is Wednesday, May 15, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lisa Smith, Executive Director
National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region
University of North Texas Health Science Center
Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth TX 76107
USA: Arkansas; Louisiana; New Mexico; Oklahoma; Texas