National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) South Central Region (SCR)
03/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Arkansas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma libraries, organizations, and institutions for programs to enhance the use of and access to authoritative health information. Funding is intended for expenses such as software, personnel, equipment, supplies, travel, reproduction, and Internet service provider fees.
The purpose of this award is to enable organizations to develop and offer programs that will increase access to and use of authoritative health information resources.
Projects can include but are not limited to:
- Training in effective use of electronic health information resources, with an emphasis on NLM databases (examples include (but are not limited to): PubMed (link is external), MedlinePlus (link is external), Partners in Information Access to the Public Health Workforce (link is external), and HealthReach (link is external))
- Promoting health information literacy
- Improving access to health information and information technology
- Increasing underserved communities' access to health information
- Training on how to evaluate health information found on the Internet
- Holding a regional symposium on health information topics
- Other creative ideas are encouraged
Projects may target a specific community or population including but not limited to:
- Faith-based organizations
- Refugee health organizations
- Unaffiliated healthcare professionals
- State/local health departments
- Public libraries
- Minority or ethnic populations
- Low-income residents
- Community-based organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 169666
Up to $10,000
The funding period is Wednesday, May 15, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Funding opportunities are offered by the NNLM SCR to provide resources to libraries, community based organizations, public health professionals, health educators, faith-based agencies, and other information partners throughout the South Central Region of the United States.
Network members in the NNLM SCR (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas) are eligible to apply. Network membership is free and open to institutions interested in providing health information.
To apply for membership:
Food and furniture costs are not allowed.
IDC is allowable. The institution’s negotiated rate for other sponsored activities should be used. If your institution does not have a negotiated rate a maximum of 10% can be used for IDC.
Promotional items are not allowable. Promotional items include, but are not limited to: clothing and commemorative items such as pens, mugs/cups, folders/folios, lanyards, and conference bags that are sometimes provided to visitors, employees, grantees, or conference attendees. Typically, items or tokens to be given to individuals are considered personal gifts for which appropriated funds may not be expended.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 1, 2019 - 5:00 PM.
Funding will be processed on a cost reimbursement basis.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lisa Smith, Executive Director
National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region
University of North Texas Health Science Center
Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth TX 76107
USA: Arkansas; Louisiana; New Mexico; Oklahoma; Texas