Foundation / Corporation
Toshiba America Foundation (TAF)
12/01/18 - For grant requests of less than $5,000
Grants of up to $5,000 and grants starting at $5,000 to USA six through twelfth-grade individual teachers and teams of teachers at public and nonprofit private schools for creative classroom-based projects in math and science. Previous grants have funded mentoring programs, electronics courses, and biochemical research projects.
Toshiba America Foundation (TAF) believes science and mathematics are exciting fields in which all students can succeed with the proper tools and instruction. TAF is dedicated to helping classroom teachers make mathematics and science learning fun and successful for students in U.S. schools.
GrantWatch ID#: 169675
Grants are for $5,000 or less, or for amounts greater than $5,000.
Funds will be sent by February 15, 2018.
Science and math teachers in public or private (non-profit) schools may apply for grants to support classroom science and math education. Endorsement from a school official is required.
Educational nonprofits and universities working with K-12 teachers are occasionally considered, but please call the foundation first.
- Toshiba America Foundation will not contribute to general operations, capital projects, endowments, conferences, independent study, fund raising events, or similar activities.
- Religious or political causes will not be supported.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, disability, or religion are not eligible for funding.
- No grants will be made to individuals.
- Summer projects, after school programs, and independent study projects cannot be considered.
- Salaries, facility maintenance, textbooks, video production, audio-visual equipment (e.g., electronic white boards, Smartboards, document projectors, student response systems) and education research will not be funded.
- No grants are available for computer hardware (including laptops, desktop computers, and tablets).
- No single school may receive more than one grant at a time.
- No new applications will be considered from grantees until final reports are approved.
Before submitting a completed proposal, teachers are welcome to call the Toshiba America Foundation to discuss their project ideas.
Grants requests of less than $5,000: Accepted on a rolling basis, throughout the calendar year, with rough deadlines (see below).
Grants requests of more than $5,000: May 1 and November 1
Timeline for requests of less than $5,000:
Application received by 3/1
Decision by 4/15
Funds sent by 5/15
Application received by 6/1
Decision by 7/15
Funds sent by 8/15
Application received by 9/1
Decision by 10/15
Funds sent by 11/15
Application received by 12/1
Decision by 1/15
Funds sent by 2/15
Not Funded: http://www.toshiba.com/taf/pop_noFund.html
Teacher Resources: http://www.toshiba.com/taf/resources.jsp
Grades 6 - 12: http://www.toshiba.com/taf/612_teachers.jsp
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Phone: 212 596-0620
Program Office - Toshiba America Foundation
1251 Ave of the Americas, 41st Floor
New York, NY 10020
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming