Foundation / Corporation
Toshiba America Foundation (TAF)
Grants of up to $1,000 to USA K-5 teachers for hands-on math and science projects in the classroom. Funding is intended for innovative projects that will make learning math and science fun, improve teacher instruction, and result in measurable outcomes. Please note that grants are solely for project expenses, and not for computers or other technology.
GrantWatch ID#: 169676
Up to $1,000
K-5 teachers are eligible to apply for classroom math and science project expenses.
No single school may receive more than one grant at a time. No new applications will be considered from grantees until final reports are approved. TAF funding is usually directed to K-12 schools. Educational nonprofits and universities working with K-12 teachers are occasionally considered, but please call the foundation first.
- The Foundation will not contribute to general operations, capital projects, endowments, conferences, independent study, fundraising events, or similar activities.
- Religious or political causes will not be supported.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, disability or religion are not eligible for funding.
- No grants will be made to individuals.
- Summer projects or after school programs cannot be considered.
- Salaries, facility maintenance, textbooks, video production, audio-visual equipment (e.g. electronic white boards, Smartboards, document projectors, student response systems) and education research will not be funded.
- No grants are available for computer hardware.
Grant applications are due on October 1st of each year (or first business day of October).
Before submitting a completed proposal, teachers are welcome to call the Toshiba America Foundation to discuss their project ideas.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact the Foundation at 212 596-0620.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming