Foundation / Corporation
06/10/19 5:00 PM EDT
Prizes of $50,000 to USA young immigrant biomedical scientists for exceptional achievement in applied, basic, or translational biomedical science. Applicants will be judged according to the significance and quality of their research and publication record attained by their 38th birthday. In addition, the applicants will also be judged on their ability to communicate the significance of their research to a scientifically literate audience.
GrantWatch ID#: 169727
Applicants must meet all of the criteria listed below:
- Applicant must have been born outside the United States and its Territories.
- Applicant must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2019 (born on or after January 1, 1981).
- Applicant must be a naturalized citizen of the United States; or be a permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States; 0r be a holder of an H1B or O-1 visa and have been living and working in the United States for at least 5 years; or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Applicant must have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
- Applicant must hold a full-time position at an academic institution or other organization. Eligible positions include the following: assistant or associate professor, or equivalent independent position. The applicant must be directly responsible for the design and execution of the work submitted for consideration. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows working under the supervision of a mentor are not eligible.
- Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
- Applicant must not be a past winner or finalist of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise.
An online application must be submitted by 5:00 PM EDT, June 10, 2019.
Applicants are welcome to create and fill out an application on their own. They do not need to be sponsored.
If you are in the process of finalizing the application for a green card and expect to have the proper documentation by August 2019, please contact the Fund before submitting your application.
The winners of the Creative Promise Prize in Biomedical Science will be notified in fall 2019 and will be invited to attend the Vilcek Foundation’s annual awards ceremony in New York City, in the spring of 2020. Travel expenses and accommodations will be covered by the foundation.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility quiz and application link:
If you have any other questions regarding the awards or the application process, please contact:
Shinnie Kim, Program Officer
167 East 73rd Street
New York, New York 10021
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming