Foundation / Corporation
Navy SEAL Foundation
07/31/17 Postmarked and Emailed by 5:00 PM EDT
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for programs and initiatives that provide immediate and continuing support and assistance to the military community and military families. Funding is intended to ensure the best possible execution of well-established programs for the Naval Special Warfare community and their families.
GrantWatch ID#: 170143
The funding period is twelve months.
- Your organization must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Code.
- Your organization must serve active-duty personnel of the Naval Special Warfare community, reservists, their families, and/or Gold Star/surviving family.
Ineligible categories for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin
- Sponsorship for conferences, events, golf tournaments
- Construction of buildings or remodeling projects
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Capital funding campaigns, excluding monument and memorials honoring NSW personnel
- Start-up organizations with less than 1 year of operation
- Individual schools in public school systems (other than through efforts to benefit system-wide programs and initiatives)
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base in the community.
Please Note: The Foundation does accept requests for proposed grant funding from other 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations supporting the NSW community and their families. To be considered, proposed projects must not already be a funded program by the Navy SEAL Foundation, or the proposal must provide substantial enhancement to an already existing Foundation supported program.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to access the proposal packet.
An electronic copy of the Grant Application Cover Sheet and General Applicant, Information section, Narrative, and Addendum and Acknowledgment section must also be sent by email.
-Complete Proposal Package Deadline: July 31, 2017
-Award Recipients Announced: October 1, 2017
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submitting the Grant Application:
1) Two (2) hard-copies of the complete project proposals must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2017 and sent to:
Ms. Alison Messick
Navy SEAL Foundation
1619 D Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23459
2) An electronic copy of the Grant Application Cover Sheet and General Applicant Information section, Narrative, and Addendum and Acknowledgment section must also be sent by email in a single PDF document to programs@navySEALfoundation.org no later than July 31, 2017 at 5:00 PM EDT. While the preceding materials are required by email, you may also include other electronic documents of the completed project.
For questions, please contact Ms. Alison Messick at the above email address or at 757.363.7490.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming