Foundation / Corporation
The Max and Helen Guernsey Charitable Foundation
Grants ranging from $100 to $20,000 to Iowa nonprofits that provide services in Benton, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Fayette, Grundy, and Tama counties. Funding is intended for projects in the focus areas of education, health, sports, recreation, social issues, as well as programs that build family life, enhance character, and aim for community betterment.
GrantWatch ID#: 170210
$100 - $20,000
501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations in the Foundation's service area are eligible to apply.
Generally not funded:
- Organizations without IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Business ventures
- Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed, age, or national origin
- Conferences, seminars, or trips.
- Advertising for benefit or courtesy purposes.
- Requests for loans or debt retirements.
- Religious or sectarian programs for religious purposes.
- National health organizations and their local affiliates.
- Veteran, labor, and political organizations or campaigns.
- Fraternal, athletic, and social clubs.
Organizations wishing to apply for funding from the Guernsey Charitable Foundation are advised first to visit the Foundation's office. There, brochures and application forms will be made available to qualified organizations. Inquiries may also be made via email.
It is the Foundation's policy to invite potential partners to visit the office and discuss the funding being sought. If an organization’s request is compatible with the mission, then a grant application will be issued. Online requests will not be accepted.
- March 15 for a decision by June 1, 2018
- August 15 for a decision by November 1, 2018
Funding categories and previously funded grants:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Soo Greiman, Executive Director
100 E. Park Avenue, Suite 230
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
P.O. Box 1172
Waterloo, Iowa 50704
USA: Iowa: Fayette, Bremer, Butler, Grundy, Black Hawk, Buchanan, Tama, and Benton counties