Foundation / Corporation
Martha Holden Jennings Foundation (MHJF)
Grants of up to $3,000 to Ohio Pre-K through twelfth-grade teachers and administrators working in secular primary or secondary schools for programs that promote in-depth learning. Funded proposals will help students learn new content and/or acquire new skills that must be learned in more than one step and with multiple levels of analysis or processing, so that the students may apply the content and/or skills in ways that change thinking or behaviors.
Examples of Deep Learning include:
- Reading critically
- Incorporating multidisciplinary learning
- Solving problems
- Creating goals and devising strategies to achieve those goals
- Applying learning by completing a project
- Refining debate and research skills
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing
- Delving deeply into content areas
GrantWatch ID#: 170283
The maximum grant is $3,000.
Any teacher (PreK-12) or administrator in Ohio’s secular primary or secondary schools can apply for a grant.
- The cost of technology cannot exceed one-half of the grant amount awarded.
- The Foundation will generally not fund bus transportation, field trips/admission fees, capital assets, facility fees, refreshments, storage units, incentives, school supplies, rewards, and T-shirts.
- Grants-to-Educators must address the Foundation’s Deep Learning theme. Before completing an application, examine the characteristics associated with Deep Learning on the chart below (see Supporting Documents section).
- Only one application from your school will be considered in a given month.
- Review the Grant Development Rubric (see Supporting Documents section) before completing your application.
- Funding is considered for equipment only when there is a direct connection to the project. Download the Guidance Pertaining to MHJF Funding for Technology, Equipment, and Material Requests (see Supporting Documents section).
- Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Chart Explaining Grants-to-Educators Award Cycles and the Evaluation
First Date Funding May Be Provided (1st business day on or after):
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/mhjf/common/logon.aspx
For questions, email email@example.com.