Foundation / Corporation
Rhode Island Foundation
09/05/17 11:59 PM EST
Fellowships of $25,000 to Rhode Island musical composers to advance their careers. Artists must be emerging or mid-career with rigorous dedication, exceptional creativity, consistent artistic practice, and significant artistic value. The support provided will enable artists to concentrate time on the creative process, focus on personal and professional development, expand their body of work, and explore new directions.
Although Fellowships are unrestricted, Fellows are expected to devote concentrated time to their work during the term of the Fellowship and engage in activities that further their artistic growth.
Examples include the creation of new work, training in technologies or techniques, purchase of equipment or materials, travel, research, and development of artistic endeavors.
GrantWatch ID#: 170544
Up to 3
The Fellowship period runs from January to December 2018.
1. Residency: Applicants must be Rhode Island residents 12 months prior to the application deadline, at the time of submitting the application, and during the period of the Fellowship.
2. Discipline: Applications will be accepted from composers creating new original work in any musical genre/discipline.
3. Career Stage: Applicants must demonstrate that they are within the range of an emerging to mid-career stage in their artistic profession, regardless of age.
- Established artists, defined as having reached the mature stage of their careers and advanced levels of achievement
- Artists who are high school students or who are college or graduate students enrolled in a degree-granting program, at the time of application or during the period of the Fellowship
More information on eligibility: http://www.artistcommunities.org/maccolljohnson/guidelines
Application opens: July 5, 2017
Application Deadline: The deadline for this year’s MacColl Johnson Fellowship is September 5, 2017 (11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time)*.
Notification: January, 2018 (Announcement made in March 2018)
*Please note: The application will close electronically at this time and no applications will be accepted after this deadline. No one will be available to answer questions after 5:00 pm on the day of the deadline.
More information about the program: http://www.artistcommunities.org/maccolljohnson
How to apply: http://www.artistcommunities.org/maccolljohnson/apply
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Alliance of Artists Communities
USA: Rhode Island