Foundation / Corporation
Wisconsin Dental Association (WDA) Foundation
07/31/18 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Wisconsin community-based, nonprofit organizations for oral health promotion programs. Funding is intended to support programs and projects that provide dental care to the underserved as well as other philanthropic endeavors related to Wisconsin dentistry. The program objective is to increase access to, and education about, oral health care by encouraging volunteerism in the dental health professions community.
Examples of qualified oral health promotions include:
- Dental supplies, equipment and other operating expenses for a low-income dental clinic
- Dental health education conducted at schools, health fairs and social agencies, via mobile dental clinics or outreach programs
- Dental health education efforts in conjunction with preventive programs, such as fluoride and dental sealant application projects
- Other philanthropic endeavors relating to dentistry in Wisconsin
Grants will be awarded based on:
- Originality, creativity and innovation of program/project
- Potential for, or history of, continuous program operation
- Community involvement including volunteer support
- Provision of actual restorative, preventive and dental education services
- Oral health awareness education and promotion content
- Potential impact on the target audience and/or community
GrantWatch ID#: 170711
Up to $5,000
Funds covers expenses incurred anytime between January 1 and November 30 of the calendar year for which the grant is being awarded.
Organizations must be 501(c)(3) status or government agency that is headquartered in Wisconsin to be considered. Funds must be used within the state of Wisconsin.
Grants will not be awarded to support:
- Grants to individuals
- Salary and other staff/volunteer compensation
- Endowments, fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Lobbying of any kind
- Capital costs (purchasing, remodeling, or furnishing of facilities)
- Grants to organizations located outside of Wisconsin
Your application must be e-mailed no later than 11:59 PM on July 31, 2018.
- Grant Application will be posted on the Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation web page each year beginning no later than April 1.
- Completed proposals must be e-mailed by 11:59 PM on July 31. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Proposal applicants will be notified by e-mail no later than December 31 of the application year.
- If approved, the grant money may be requested in writing as expenses are incurred anytime between January 1 and November 30 of the calendar year for which the grant is being awarded. Please note, the signed grant agreement must be received at the WDA Foundation before funds will be released.
- A written mid-year report to the Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation providing an update on the function of the program/organization funded and, if applicable, the use of the grant funds to date is required to be e-mailed by 11:59 PM on June 30 of the year the grant is used.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit proposal by email to Victoria M. Bohman at:
Include the Subject line: 2019 WDA Foundation Grant – Your Organization Name
Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation
6737 W. Washington St., Ste. 2360
West Allis, WI 53214