Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County (SLOCCF)
03/15/19 5:00 PM PST
Grants of up to $20,000 to San Luis Obispo County, California nonprofit organizations for programs empowering girls. Funding is intended for projects and programs that provide girls with the knowledge, skills, and support to conquer gender stereotypes and inequities and build resilience.
The Women’s Legacy Fund will consider proposals that:
- Strengthen or expand existing programs
- Develop or introduce new strategies to the community
Generally, The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County will place special evaluative emphasis on the following:
- Ability to measure program participant progress using the Search Institute’s “Developmental Assets” framework for youth
- Demonstrated cultural competency in serving Latinas and other under-served populations
GrantWatch ID#: 170807
Maximum awards of up to $20,000.
Single-year (12-months) proposals are accepted.
The organization must have a current tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) and/or 509(a)1 or a current memorandum of understanding outlining fiscal sponsorship partnership to apply.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County supports charitable organizations whose programs primarily benefit San Luis Obispo County residents.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County does not make grants to/for:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or religion
- Fraternal Organizations, unless in support of a specific program open to or benefiting the entire community
- Governmental Organizations
- Indirect Administrative costs greater than 15% of the awarded funds (indirect administrative funds are defined as -office supplies and do not include staff time)
- Fundraising events such as annual campaigns, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, auctions or dinners
- Organizations with religious affiliations unless the program is open to the entire community without regard to religious beliefs
- Organizations and programs designed to elect candidates to public office
- Organizations located outside San Luis Obispo County unless for a specific program benefiting residents of-and conducted within-San Luis Obispo County
- Pay off past debts or existing obligations
- Endowment funds
- Scholarships, fellowships, travel grants and technical or specialized research
The application deadline is 3/15/2019 5:00 PM (PST).
USA: California: San Luis Obispo County