Nebraska Tourism Commission - Visit Nebraska
12/14/18 5:00 PM Delivery or Postmarked by Date
Grants of up to $25,000 to Nebraska nonprofit and for-profit organizations for activities that promote the local tourism industry. Funding may be requested to provide visitor and tourism promotion services, host events, and promote tourism attractions. Activities must result in an increased number of out-of-town or out-of-state visitors.
Directed-Marketing Projects eligible for funding under this grant cycle include:
1. Participate in Group Travel Marketplace promotions. Communities with destinations that attract national/international bus tour groups who would like to promote directly to tour operators are encouraged to participate in one or more of the following marketplace events: 2020 American Bus Association 2019 National Tour Association 2020 Select Traveler 2019 Travel Alliance Partners 2019 IPW (Grant funding can assist with marketplace registration fees, production of group tour manuals/profile sheets.)
2. Attend one or both of the following events of the North American Farmers Direct Marketing Association: 2019 Advanced Learning Retreat 2020 Farmers Inspired Convention - Grant funding can assist with registration fees to help you learn more about how to promote your agri-tourism assets to travelers. (Lodging and transportation costs are not eligible for grant funding, but can represent matching funds.)
3. Purchase an ad in the 2020 Official Nebraska Travel Guide. The guide is the primary advertising response piece for Nebraska Tourism, and a cost-effective way to increase exposure to an audience interested in Nebraska travel. (Distribution 200,000 guides).
Ad sizes and costs available:
-$10,000 for a Full Page Ad
-$5,000 for a 1/2 Page Ad
-$7,000 for a 2/3 Page Ad
-$4,000 for a 1/3 Page Ad
-$3,000 - 1/6 Page Ad
4. Advertise on VisitNebraska.com between May 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020:
Leads Program – receive weekly email leads of visitors interested in your destination Full year: $2,000; Banner Ad – graphic ad inserted between search results on most pages which links to a website of your choice 3 month period: $500 or Full year: $2,000
5. Participate in a Nebraska Tourism Commission sponsored social media blitz.
The ongoing Facebook campaign will spread the word to target audiences about what you have to see and do. Work with our social media specialist to select a 3- day date range to launch your promotion, get help creating your content, and sit back while we track the results and report back to you. Cost per blitz: $2,000 Note: Limit of 2 blitz promotions per applicant. (Blitz promotion must take place between May 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020.)
Need to pay a marketing firm to develop ads, produce a video, or create other ad materials to utilize in the above directed-marketing projects? Include the request for additional funding in your application - be sure to include at least two (2) bids from professional firms.
The Directed-Marketing projects listed in items 1-5 above are recommended by the Tourism Commission and will be prioritized over Non-Directed-Marketing promotions in the application-review process.
If your community or organization wishes to participate in additional promotions not listed above, you can also request funding for non-directed marketing projects this grant cycle. Be creative and innovative, tell us what marketing tools your community, event, destination or region is lacking that will help you attract more visitors. Outline your needs in your application and include how, when, why, and where you plan to implement the tools.
Eligible grant expenses include, but are not limited to:
-Internet web site development, enhancement, and online marketing
-App development and enhancement
-Regional cooperation promotions, brand creation/planning
-Image marketing (photo/film libraries, logo/ad development, new art work)
-Tourism awareness programs and customer service programs
-Brochure design and printing
-Media advertising (TV, radio, newspaper, magazine, billboard, etc.)
GrantWatch ID#: 170957
An individual grant will be awarded for an amount no higher than $25,000.
Requests for reimbursement must be submitted after project completion and no later than May 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Heather Hogue, Grant Administrator
Nebraska Tourism Commission
301 Centennial Mall South, 1st Floor
P.O. Box 98907
Lincoln, NE 68509-8907