Arizona Department of Education (ADE)
05/06/19 5:00 PM
Grants starting at $50,000 to Arizona LEAs, nonprofits, and tribes for programs to provide students with academic enrichment and safe activities during non-school hours. Funding is intended for schools where at least 40% of the students qualify for free or reduced meals.
The 21st CCLC programs must provide safe environments for students during non-school hours. Each grant program must serve students from one school site, where at least 40% of the students attending that school qualify for free/reduced meals; however, services may be offered at the school and at other locations. All centers must provide a range of high-quality services to support student learning and development.
The specific purposes of the relevant law are to:
(1) Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet the challenging State academic standards;
(2) Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, art, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
(3) Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related education development.
(4) Grants funded by the 21st CCLC program may supplement, not supplant, existing out-of-school funding or programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 171110
The number of applications awarded each year is usually between 40 to 50.
Applicants must apply for a minimum of $50,000 or up to a maximum of $120,000 in the first year.
The 21st CCLC award will be for three consecutive years.
If the site meets Substantial Compliance during the 3rd year, the applicant will be renewed for up to 2 additional years (year 4 and 5) at 75% of the original funding.
The term “eligible entity” means a local education agency (LEA), community-based organization, Indian tribe or tribal organization (as such terms are defined in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Act), another public or private entity, or consortium of 2 or more such agencies, organizations or entities.
Any “eligible entity” which is not a school:
1. Must partner with an eligible school to serve the students targeted for assistance, where the school’s LEA is the fiscal agent ~ OR ~
2. If the “eligible entity” which is not a school will be serving as the fiscal agent, it is required to secure an agreement, as documented on Form F, which will be uploaded as part of a complete application.
Applications proposing services to schools with less than 40 percent low-income students will not be considered.
Grant awards will not be made to Local Education Agencies (LEAs)/Fiscal Agents that are substantially out of compliance with state or federal requirements.
Anticipated Timeline for Cycle 15 - 21st CCLC New Grant Application Competition
- February 2019: Grant Application Online Training available
- March 1, 2019: Grant Application, including Forms A, B, C, D, E, & F (If applicable) available online in the ADE Grants Management System (GME) accessed via the ADEConnect Portal (Online Submissions may begin.)
- May 6, 2019: Grant Application, including Forms A, B, C, D, E (and F, if applicable) are due online in Grants Management System (GME) by 5:00 PM
- Late August 2019: Official State Board of Education Approval-formal announcement of Grant Awards
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.