Foundation / Corporation
Sam Noble Museum - Oklahoma Energy Resources Board (OERB)
Grants to Oklahoma elementary, middle, and high school teachers for professional development experiences that will help them develop new strategies to promote learning in their classrooms. During this innovative professional development experience, teachers will conduct scientific investigations with museum and university scientists to build a deeper understanding of content, inquiry, and the nature of science.
Science Institute will engage teachers:
- In designing and conducting scientific investigations, including understanding how to develop testable hypotheses, collect and analyze data, and interpret and communicate results of their investigations.
- In the use of interpretation in the classroom setting.
- In using a variety of technologies (including laptop computers, video camcorders, digital cameras, scientific probes) to collect data, analyze, graph and communicate scientific results.
- In adapting their current curricula to include more student inquiry.
GrantWatch ID#: 171115
Twelve teachers will be selected for this science program.
Elementary, middle, or high school teachers (K-12) from the state of Oklahoma are eligible.
Application Information: http://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/education-2/explorology/science-institute/apply-for-science-institute/
- Complete the application process and submit application materials.
- Actively take part in the entire 4-day Science Institute (late arrivals/ early departures are not acceptable)
- Stay in the lodging provided by ExplorOlogy® (or guarantee your presence during the entire workshop)
- Participate in follow-up and assist in facilitation of distance learning activities at your school.
- Complete follow-up surveys concerning the implementation of inquiry and interpretation into your classroom.
Fees: There is no cost to participants. ExplorOlogy® is sponsored in part by the Sam Noble Museum and Oklahoma's oil and natural gas producers and royalty owners, through the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board (OERB). Participants are responsible for travel-related costs and dinner each night.
Lodging: Participants will be provided with lodging near the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman during Science Institute.
Food: Breakfast, lunch and morning/afternoon snacks will be provided Monday through Friday. Dinners will be the responsibility of the participant.
Stipend: Each teacher that completes the entire Science Institute will be paid a stipend. No other travel expenses will be reimbursed. Click here to download additional information in a printer-friendly format.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Teacher Application: http://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/education-2/explorology/science-institute/science-institute-teachers-application/
Administrator/Principal Application: http://samnoblemuseum.ou.edu/education-2/explorology/science-institute/science-institute-principals-application/
Sam Noble Museum
2401 Chautauqua Ave.
Norman, OK 73072-7029
General Contact Information:
Phone: (405) 325-8879 or (405) 325-4712