Foundation / Corporation
Rochester Area Community Foundation (RACF) - John F. Wegman Fund
05/10/19 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $1,500 to $10,000 to Monroe County, New York nonprofits for innovative programs that serve the needs of the elderly, promote character development among youth, and improve relations between labor and management among the local workforce.
Awards in these categories have recently included:
- Concerns of the elderly: Funding to support affordable transportation for seniors to health-related appointments.
- Character-building opportunities for youth: Funding to empower at-risk youth through workplace skill development and educating students in a supportive, multi-sensory learning environment so that they all become successful learners.
- Improved labor/management relations: Funding to create a website to educate Rochester's local workforce and workers throughout New York State on their rights as employees.
The John F. Wegman Fund looks for opportunities to provide small amounts of money that significantly impact community-based programs. Most awards are one-time grants for specific, participant-driven projects. The grant preference is for agencies, projects, and programs that are:
- Small scale
- Innovative (develop or adapt new strategies)
- Participant-driven (based on identified needs of beneficiaries)
GrantWatch ID#: 171156
The John F. Wegman Fund awards an average of 27 grants annually.
These grants typically range from $1,500 to $10,000, with a median size of $7,300.
Applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving Monroe County, NY. Applicants that have received funding within the previous 15 months are usually not considered.
The John F. Wegman Fund does not provide support for:
- Annual giving campaigns
- Capital building
- Operating deficits
- Political campaigns
- Religious activities
The John F. Wegman Fund gives limited consideration to:
- Land acquisition
- Renewable grants
- Staff training
Applications must be submitted online by 4 PM on Friday, May 10, 2019.
- Applications are accepted four times per year with deadlines in February, May, August, and November.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Wegman Fund Committee four times annually: March, June, September, and December.
- Committee members conduct site visits and review proposals with applicants.
- Committee typically reviews site visit reports and makes funding decisions in May, August, November, and February.
- Committee's funding recommendations are approved by the Community Foundation's board of directors.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application System:
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607-1912
USA: New York: Monroe County