Foundation / Corporation
Gould Charitable Foundation
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 to Massachusetts, Kansas, and Missouri nonprofits in the greater metropolitan Boston and Kansas City areas for community benefit projects. An LOI is due by August 1, 2017. Focus areas include elder services, environmental stewardship, health care, preservation of personal rights, training for the disadvantaged, welfare and education of children, and women's issues.
The Foundation prefers to fund:
- Innovative projects, new approaches, or promising ideas even if there is no track record of success, rather than ongoing maintenance or capital campaigns. Less likely to be funded is general support of well established, large organizations with wide funding sources.
- Programs that have high leveraging potential in terms of expansion and/or replication.
- Projects where funding from the Foundation makes up a considerable portion of the overall project, or if the project is large, then a considerable portion of a specific area within the project as a whole.
- Projects where funding would make a significant difference in the potential for the project's success.
- Tangible resources or training, rather than salaries or ongoing expenses.
- Organizations that are making significant use of volunteers.
- Projects where our resources make a measurable impact in the lives of the people served.
- Organizations that are led by an inclusive and diverse board of directors, all of whom contribute in terms of time and/or funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 171170
Grants typically range in size from $5,000 to $50,000.
Grantees are requested to submit an online follow-up report by October 1 of the following year describing how the grant was deployed and evaluating the impact of the project funded.
Grants are made to 501(c)(3) qualified charitable organizations that operate in the greater metropolitan areas of Boston and Kansas City.
LOIs are due August 1, 2017. Final applications are by invitation only and are due October 1, 2017. Grants will be approved on or before November 30, 2017.
Organizations are highly encouraged to apply with enough time before each respective deadline to allow for any possible rewriting of LOIs or applications at the foundation's request. If time allows, the Foundation might ask for clarification or make suggestions for submissions.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Correspondence that requires legal attention may be sent to:
Gould Charitable Foundation
c/o the Law Office of Tamara L. Busch
29 Bigelow Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
USA: Kansas: Kansas City Metropolitan Area; Massachusetts: Boston Metropolitan Area; Missouri: Kansas City Metropolitan Area